Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by potatohead View Post
    Shitty story dude :-(.

I don't know if this is a lame suggestion or not, but have you considered a Carvin V? Some guys don't like the reverse Rhoads look of it, but it'll be cheap as borscht compared to the KV. An all white one with a dark ebony board would be awesome.
    Carvin makes nice stuff but the headstock is just not my thing. I am considering a BC Rich custom but lets see how this plays out...

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      Carvin makes nice stuff but the headstock is just not my thing. I am considering a BC Rich custom but lets see how this plays out...
      Dude, they have a pointy available that is basically a Jackson copy, it is actually the standard headstock on the Ultra V now.

The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Only thing is they are 25" scale, and no sharkies (although I like no inlays too).

Comment

Dude, they have a pointy available that is basically a Jackson copy, it is actually the standard headstock on the Ultra V now.

The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Only thing is they are 25" scale, and no sharkies (although I like no inlays too).
        No offense but I would not be caught dead playing that thing.

Comment

No offense but I would not be caught dead playing that thing.
          lol

fair enough

Do you ever know what happened to the very first one they built you with the wrong logo? Do they destroy it or did they sell it to a dealer?

Comment

lol

fair enough

Do you ever know what happened to the very first one they built you with the wrong logo? Do they destroy it or did they sell it to a dealer?
            Good question, maybe someone from Jackson/FMIC can answer that?

Comment

Sounds like the bevels are OK then. Drill a hole for the other knob and keep this baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Sounds like the bevels are OK then. Drill a hole for the other knob and keep this baby!
                It will look like an aftermarket mod/have the modded stigma associated with resale plus I am used to the standard KV2 layout otherwise my hand will keep hitting the knob.

Comment

If you look a little closer you can see that it's not as simple as they just left out a knob. Look at the location of the rear knob and the blade switch. It's a completely different control configuration than the standard KV2. Simply drilling another hole wouldn't correct the issue.

But if the work order wasn't correct on the second guitar then yeah, that's not on their end. Of course, hard to give Jackson much credit when there wouldn't have been the need for a 2nd work order if they didn't fuck up the first one.

Comment

It will look like an aftermarket mod/have the modded stigma associated with resale plus I am used to the standard KV2 layout otherwise my hand will keep hitting the knob.
                    Yeah you are right of course, I compared the pics side by side and you can't get there from here. I guess you gotta ask yourself how much you want that third knob. I'm pretty finicky about control placement, but I'd let it go. A standard scale fixed bridge KV with a 6 in line matching headstock, man that is worth making two concessions for (considering you have a price concession on the other side to balance that out). My 10c anyways.

Comment

Well, my take on things is this...

Fuck ups happen every day to everybody from all walks of life. What separates unsuccessful people from the successful is how they take care of the fuck ups. Both Nick and Jackson working together are the only ones that can ultimately resolve this situation. I don't think Jackson owes it to anybody to respond officially on a public forum with regards to this situation. I do feel that they should definitely examine the situation here though as soon as the notice and escalate it internally so that it gets dealt with in a rapid fashion.

After all this was a company whose reputation was built around that concept that if you knew the product wasn't flawless, then the flawed product got band sawed. I think the other side of that though is that we all realize that humans make mistakes and sometimes you do need to be patient when you expect perfection to be delivered.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm particularly sensitive about Jackson volume knobs getting in the way, and can empathize there. When the center of the vol knob creeps up parallel to the hum pickup height adjustment screw, I start to have problems. This guitar has the controls slid forward a bit from what you asked for, but the vol knob is still slid back a bit from the "danger zone".

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          Well, my take on things is this...

Fuck ups happen every day to everybody from all walks of life. What separates unsuccessful people from the successful is how they take care of the fuck ups. Both Nick and Jackson working together are the only ones that can ultimately resolve this situation. I don't think Jackson owes it to anybody to respond officially on a public forum with regards to this situation. I do feel that they should definitely examine the situation here though as soon as the notice and escalate it internally so that it gets dealt with in a rapid fashion.

After all this was a company whose reputation was built around that concept that if you knew the product wasn't flawless, then the flawed product got band sawed. I think the other side of that though is that we all realize that humans make mistakes and sometimes you do need to be patient when you expect perfection to be delivered.
                          Its not like I ordered some crazy doubleneck King V then I would be more forgiving of fuckups, it was a simple order that took 2 years and 3 rebuilds, Jackson does not have to respond on this forum, they can send me a private message or contact Nick.

Comment

I'm particularly sensitive about Jackson volume knobs getting in the way, and can empathize there. When the center of the vol knob creeps up parallel to the hum pickup height adjustment screw, I start to have problems. This guitar has the controls slid forward a bit from what you asked for, but the vol knob is still slid back a bit from the "danger zone".
                            I am not accepting the guitar as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post

But if the work order wasn't correct on the second guitar then yeah, that's not on their end. Of course, hard to give Jackson much credit when there wouldn't have been the need for a 2nd work order if they didn't fuck up the first one.
                              Actually I hope they dont do this and try to put it off on Nick because that would be real fucked up of them. They had the order right the first time just refinish the headstock. Something happens on their end and they make Nick resubmit a new WO for another rebuild? There was nothing wrong with the first one, just the wrong logo...

Comment

Gentlemen, I have THE solution:

Print up the work orders in Spanish, then the employees will get it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X