Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lepard View Post
    Gentlemen, I have THE solution:

Print up the work orders in Spanish, then the employees will get it right.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I understand custom shops make mistakes, all humans aren't perfect, etc, but 2 years and 3 rebuilds?! Ridiculous! Of course, I believe one order was Nick's fault, as I read, (sorry if I didn't get this right) but still, wrong headstock logo = new guitar? Are they fucking high?

I don't blame you at ALL for not accepting the guitar. If I'm ordering from any custom shop, be it ESP, B.C. Rich, fucking Daisy Rock and especially Jackson/Charvel/FMIC, it better be exactly what I want, unless I fuck up on the W/O. No compromises, unless the laws of physics say so.

*Edit: I re-read it a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure I got half of what I said wrong. Either way, point stands.*
      Last edited by MetalHeadMat; 09-04-2010, 03:49 AM.

Comment

I think AK47 is totally in the right here. He has commissioned Jackson to build a custom guitar to his specs - for a good sum of money and the specs do not look too outlandish or complicated. The idea of "hey accept it - it's close enough" is a bit ridiculous. If you order a Big Mac at McDonalds and they give you a cheeseburger, you don't say close enough. You tell them to give you what you ordered. And that is for a $3.00 burger. I think most of us would want that order corrected. Does that mean that we would have higher standards of accountability for fast food service and product????

Please don't get me wrong - I think when Jackson builds a guitar right it is nothing short of magical. But, to shell out the kind of money it takes to get a custom shop guitar, wait 2-3 years, and then have it wrong, is not acceptable.

Comment

That's too bad. I had issues with my Charvel custom shop order and waited 18 months for the guitar - they ended up rebuilding the guitar and in the end, I got a really nice guitar. It's frustrating, because when you spec and order your dream guitar, you are really excited and can't wait to get the guitar - it's hard to walk away from that when they mess it up. One thing that could help is better communication between the customer and the custom shop.

Comment

After the first time they fucked up an order, I'd have started using another manufacturer.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
              After the first time they fucked up an order, I'd have started using another manufacturer.
              I'm assuming that's because you're impatient though. :P
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                I'm assuming that's because you're impatient though. :P
                Or it could be because the Scottish dont take no shit from anyone?

Comment

Hell, the Scotch are cheaper than the Dutch; they'll take shit as long as it doesn't cost them much $ !

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Hell, the Scotch are cheaper than the Dutch; they'll take shit as long as it doesn't cost them much $ !
                    Well, I must admit I would take shit if it wasn't THAT shitty, and I could get it at a bargain price.

But no, my point was just that if I'd placed one order and they'd fucked it up, I would have no confidence in them doing the next one right. I certainly wouldn't give them another few chances at doing the job right.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

AK47 is in the right for not taking the guitar. It doesn't matter the cost $1 or $100,000, the point is he did not order a stock select series guitar or the guitar that was pictured. If you buy a production model you deal with the things you don't like; control layout, pickup switch, pickups, bevels, etc, but a custom order should be nothing other than identical to what was ordered.

Me personally I still feel confident in JCMI and when the time comes to order a custom it will be from Jackson. This is 1 instance, and we have read of some others, but I recall many more instances of custom orders & nothing but praise.
                      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

As much as I'm scared to, I can honestly say my first custom will still be from Jackson, or maybe Charvel even. If they get it wrong, I'll give them hell, and if they screw up this many times, I'll go down to Cali and make sure they make it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
                          This is 1 instance, and we have read of some others, but I recall many more instances of custom orders & nothing but praise.
                          "Some others"?

Many many many many many many many many others.

It's great when the CS gets something right, but it sure seems that issues with orders are far more common than not.

When AK47 received the first pics of the guitar in July 2009 with the incorrect logo on the headstock I had my dealer contact Jackson regarding my CS order because we had both asked for the same style of "Toothpaste" logo. Jackson said they had not put the logo on my guitar yet and I asked them to confirm they knew which logo to use as I did not want to have a mishap occur like they did on AK47's. They emailed me the photo I had supplied with my order. All was good.

6 weeks later the dealer received my guitar. It had the WRONG logo on the headstock. Never got an answer as to HOW that happened even with my detailed reference picture and recent confirmation that Jackson knew what logo to use. So back it went for the headstock logo to be fixed. After some problems with the paint/clear coat they got it squared away and luckily I received my guitar in October. I cannot believe that AK47's guitar had the same problem and how much trouble it has turned into.

I love Jackson guitars and have nothing but praise for them in terms of how good the instruments are. But the CS has always been a huge gamble no matter how thorough your work order is. It's not a pre-Fender/Fender thing either as the problems with incorrectly built guitars were there long before Fender came along. I always tell anyone who is thinking of ordering a CS Jackson that the more specific and detailed their requests are the more prepared they need to be for something being done incorrectly.

In this situation, I don't really understand why Jackson needs the dealer to submit a new work order for a rebuild. They must have some good reason for it, but it sure seems to up the chance for a mishap.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            SCOTS Racer X..Scotch is a drink !

Comment

I cleared out my PM box, I know a few people were trying to send me some and it was full, just wanted to state that in this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                                SCOTS Racer X..Scotch is a drink !
                                What? I'm not "DUTS"

Comment

Working...
                                X