After 2 years 3 rebuilds Jackson CS failed to deliver my KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH MY GOD!

I was wondering what happened to your order some months ago...
    I will never order a CS - I mean, 2 years for NOTHING???!!!
    I don't know if I will even LIVE 2 more years!

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
      SCOTS Racer X..Scotch is a drink !
      One I drink far too much of... LOL

seriously, Glenlivet 12 year is my saviour.
      Last edited by Grim; 09-07-2010, 09:00 AM.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

The Headstock should say "JACKSON - Made in U.S.A BY mexicans"
        Too bad Jackson Stars are out of business!

Comment

well, i didnt submit a new work order, somehow it got changed. The rebuilt it because the guitar was damaged.
          This one is very awesome, but it ISNT what he ordered.
          I will make it right, as it ultimately falls on my shoulders reguardless reguardless of whose fault it is. I truely dont mind.I cant find a copy of the original work order (my harddrive crashed 2 weeks ago, and i lost all my archived emails" I think Jason is a great dude to have put up with seeing multiple C/S guitars come through my shop with no flaws. and then to wait 2 years and get his and it be wrong.. He truely could have roasted me. I will see if I can get a rebuild done quickly. As they are prolly milling multiple KVs each day.. Maybe I can just "get put to the front of the line" and get this done before some others...

Nick
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Piney Hills to the rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              It's great when the CS gets something right, but it sure seems that issues with orders are far more common than not.
              It seems that way because those who didn't get what they ordered scream about it all over the mountain top. And then they run through the valleys hollering like they are on fire and the only ones to ever be burned. Some with very damn good reasons for sure, but others...well.

What you described and the OP states on his first guitar is that everything was right EXCEPT the logo. Okay, I'm all for getting what you pay for and everything, but it's just a damn logo and not the end of the world.

Wrong control layout - end of the world.
              Wrong bridge - ditto.
              Wrong fretboard wood/inlays - double ditto.

Wrong paint - depends on what the mess up is, could be no biggie, or it could be time to set yourself on fire.

Wrong size frets - can be changed, so gimme some $$$ back.
              Wrong pickups - same as above.
              Wrong logo - $$$ back.
              Wrong strings - you're a wuss.

If it were me, I would simply ask for some money off for the screw up and be jamming away. Hell, you shouldn't even see the logo when you're playing it. The damn thing could say "Fire Dildo" or "Fuck Stick" and I wouldn't mind a bit, and probably laugh as I shoved the headstock up close to people's faces so they could contemplate its message.

On the QC side though, it would be nice for the actual buyer to be able to have more access to the CS. Perhaps a personalized web page for their order with updates, photos and comments, etc.

Comment

For the cost of a CS, I do think the incorrect logo is a big deal. Everything you mentioned is a big deal when you factor in the price... to change any of them requires time and aggravation. Except strings. I set up my own guitars anyway, so I just as soon put the ones I like on them and set it up at the same time.
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

What a load of bollox!!! I hope my order doesn't end up like this, mine was quite elaborate compared to this.... CHRIST!!!!... I spec'd the small 90s style logo on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkv1 View Post
                    What a load of bollox!!! I hope my order doesn't end up like this, mine was quite elaborate compared to this.... CHRIST!!!!... I spec'd the small 90s style logo on mine.
                    What did you order?

and also, when is it expected?

also, the most important bit, are you going to make a NGD thread when you get it?

If the answer to the above is yes then GTWGITS!
                    Gear

Jackson DXMG
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                    Blackstar HT5H
                    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203
                    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Ordered a Death Angel archtop, single hum, one vol, one tone. Mahogany body and neck, 3/4inch quilted maple top with natural binding, sent them pics of a trans black quilt top ke-1 which i just sold to match the finish. matching headstock, kahler 3330, bone nut, small frets. Can't remember the rest of the specs off the top of my head.

Comment

Sounds amazing, do you know when you should be getting it?
                        Gear

Jackson DXMG
                        Jackson JS30RR
                        Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                        Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                        Blackstar HT5H
                        Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                        Marshall JCM 800 2203
                        Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                          For the cost of a CS, I do think the incorrect logo is a big deal
                          Ok. lol. Which is why I stated that if it were me, I would simply ask for money off to cover the problem. Factor in the 2 years of extra playing time over something that doesn't affect playability in any way then it starts to make sense.

Everything you mentioned is a big deal when you factor in the price... to change any of them requires time and aggravation.
                          Pickups are not a big deal. Simply refund the cost of them, and in under an hour your jamming away happily. Frets are a bigger pain, but still quicker than having them re-do it while still paying full price.

Except strings. I set up my own guitars anyway, so I just as soon put the ones I like on them and set it up at the same time.
                          Amazing.

I guess the post flew right on over your head! :ROTF:

Comment

You should be fine. I hear of far more positive things about the CS than bad things. I can't wait to see pics! I thought about the quilted maple for my CS KV but decided against it. Even thought the color isn't quite right (it appears there are some significant variations), the flame top is beautiful and in my opinion can rival a PRS flame any day. I did learn though, next time to send picture of what I want the finish to look like, no matter who I go through. My main issue is that I wanted a discontinued color, and they wouldn't budge. Then someone here got a discontinued color approved for a USA model. Would have saved me a lot of money. Oh well. Future Jacksons will all be used ones.
                            Last edited by Musician78; 09-07-2010, 05:28 PM.
                            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                              Sounds amazing, do you know when you should be getting it?
                              Early next year I think. I'm due an update soon from Matts Music.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                                Ok. lol. Which is why I stated that if it were me, I would simply ask for money off to cover the problem. Factor in the 2 years of extra playing time over something that doesn't affect playability in any way then it starts to make sense.

Pickups are not a big deal. Simply refund the cost of them, and in under an hour your jamming away happily. Frets are a bigger pain, but still quicker than having them re-do it while still paying full price.

Amazing.

I guess the post flew right on over your head! :ROTF:
                                It certainly did not. I know of people who would send a guitar back for the wrong strings. I kid you not, a woman I know bought a brand new car... apparently it has a light to let you know the tire pressure is low. It came on after like two or three days and she BROUGHT IT BACK FOR THEM TO FIX IT. After I heard that, nothing would ever surprise me.

Anyhow, you and I could do pickups, but there are a lot of people out there that would have no clue as to where to start. It isn't their responsibillity to suddenly learn. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X