No announcement yet.

Axewrapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. It's kind of like getting a temporary tattoo. You can change your mind often without breaking the bank

Comment

I run a little sign shop here in Utah, and we do this kind of stuff all the time. Car wraps, skateboards, snowboards & such- haven't done a guitar yet tho. This thread has got me stewing about it- I've got all of the equipment to make it happen, so I could whip up an axe wrap no problem. Anyone got a cheapie guitar they want me to try a wrap on?

PM inquiries welcome.
      I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

Betcha 10 bux the inventor of the guitar wrap had a little old Italian grandmother that had plastic covers on all the furniture and runners covering every rug!!
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
          Nice! My wife got a wrap for my birthday earlier this year and I put it on my Charvel.
          That's very, very cool.
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

THREAD-SURRECTION!

Finally got around to trying this out- wrapped a cheapie acoustic 12-string with the poster for our show, and then gave it away to someone in the audience. Cool way to bring out the peeps- and the guitar paid for itself in tix sales & more. I'll probably do this for the forseeable future, as it seemed to go over well.

Here's the geet:

Bands on the headstock:

The show poster that it all came from:
            I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

that's REALLY cool!
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I've heard of axewraps before, but thought it would make the guitar look cheap.

Those actually look pretty good.
                Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                  I've always wondered what my soloist would look like with a different graphic. Instead of paying big bucks for a new paint job I decided to play it safe and get a custom axewrap. It didn't come out perfect but I like it regardless. You can see a sliver of blue on the lower horn. Maybe in the future I'll ship her to M. Learn for the real deal. I think it came out looking killer. I got the idea from the thread I started on zebra graphics. I took a pic from a zebra pattern and changed the color up. Whatcha think?

Before

After

Funny before i scrolled down i was like, um, fuck it don't say anything, lol. That looks wuhaaay better. But Wtf with that original graphic :think:, the cock dragon has got nothing on that, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                    Funny before i scrolled down i was like, um, fuck it don't say anything, lol. That looks wuhaaay better. But Wtf with that original graphic :think:, the cock dragon has got nothing on that, lol.
                    Hahaha. I wasn't even reading as soon as that hit my screen. What I can't figure out is if the painting is amatuerish or genius in some Picasso distorted reality fashion. You are looking at it going "her ass is on the front" then going "no wait she has giant but super low hung boobs". Maybe if there were hints of nipples it would stop that alien wierdness first impression.

Great job on the shading on the face though hehe.

Oh, and I like the zebra pattern being a side on versus a down the back, looks cool.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                      Funny before i scrolled down i was like, um, fuck it don't say anything, lol.
                      Bwahaha
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        Picasso distorted reality fashion. You are looking at it going "her ass is on the front" then going "no wait she has giant but super low hung boobs". Maybe if there were hints of nipples it would stop that alien wierdness first impression.
                        That is exactly what I was thinking... maybe the guy that did the art has never seen a naked women...
                        sigpic
                        Action Jackson

Comment

I love the glowing woman. I would kill for a reverse headstock soloist

Comment

Even with her covered up...YOU STILL KNOW SHE'S THERE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinofcharvel View Post
                              I love the glowing woman. I would kill for a reverse headstock soloist
                              Thanks! I like the colors and the contrast with the black background. The actual graphic, not so much. But it's still a USA Soloist with reverse inlays & headstock. That's why I went for it. Graphics/ paint can be changed.

Comment

Here's my latest- electric 12er this time. Started out like ths:

and ended up like this:

More details:

Whatcha think? I'm still trying to decide if I want to wrap over the knobs- just on the tops so the amber sides & numbers still show.

Comment

Working...
                                X