No announcement yet.

Do Zebras look good with chrome bevels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Zebras look good with chrome bevels?

Any pics?

Basicall, I am thinking of replacing the pickups in my KV2 with zebas, but I want the chrome pickup rings. I don't know if I have ever seen a guitar with a zebra pickup and chrome ring.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

I like the look of it. Check out Sully's JS003 and JS006 guitars...he used gold rather than chrome, but you get the idea. http://www.sullysguitargarage.com/

I know I've seen zebras with chrome, but can't seem to find a pick right now. EDIT...here's one!

Last edited by 6string40; 10-01-2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I don't see why not.

Comment

But, those rings are black and he wanted to know how they'd look in chrome.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I have a chrome ring on one of my pointies (middle in pic below)

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

For future reference....

Bevels = an angled cut in the wood for a guitar body. See, for example, some KV or RR models with the bevels painted a different color than the rest of the body.

Bezels = another term for pickup rings.

Comment

Ya I know. I didn't even realize I messed that up until you mentioned it though, lol.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

In my experience chrome and zebra's don't always go well together...

Click image for larger version

Name:	preview_chrome_zebra0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	2445051
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

to me, chrome bezels look good with zebra pickups if the guitar is a basic solid color. the more extravagant the finish, the crappier it looks.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    But, those rings are black and he wanted to know how they'd look in chrome.
                    Yeah well...I didn't pay that much attention to it at first. The caption said the guitar had chrome rings...while they do look black, it could be the lighting/reflection? The chrome hardware looks sort of black too. :dunno: Anyhoo...changed the pic!!
                    Last edited by 6string40; 10-01-2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X