Whataya do when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    All I'm hearing in this thread is that bolt-ons are better than neck-throughs! Huzzaah!
    I'm inclined to agree. Might be why I've got 13 bolt-ons and only 2 neck-thrus.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      All I'm hearing in this thread is that bolt-ons are better than neck-throughs! Huzzaah!
      Nah, they can screw those up pretty well, too.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        Nah, they can screw those up pretty well, too.
        Ayup. True dat. But none have crossed my path... yet. Still plenty of time and guitars left to buy, though....

Comment

I had a CS Charvel with a bound neck where the neck binding was crushing into the wood on the face of the guitar...

I guess I either have bad luck, or notice stuff other people don't. But in the case of the Soloist, it's all set up nice and doesn't seem to cause any playability issue, and it's not even really a cosmetic thing, so I just don't really care.

Good luck getting yours fixed, though!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
            I had a CS Charvel with a bound neck where the neck binding was crushing into the wood on the face of the guitar...

I guess I either have bad luck, or notice stuff other people don't. But in the case of the Soloist, it's all set up nice and doesn't seem to cause any playability issue, and it's not even really a cosmetic thing, so I just don't really care.

Good luck getting yours fixed, though!
            And it is done!!! Got my RR1 Bengal back yesterday and haven't put it down for another since. The trem is a tad stiff from the 3 springs set up but there isn't enough room for the claw arm to be screwed into the body to create the tension needed to maintain a parallel-to-body base plate orientation using two springs. Aside from that minor issue, she is all that I hoped for. Action is sweet and string height from body is nice. Even made a vid of the trial run.

Comment

So he solved the issue with just a setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
                So he solved the issue with just a setup?
                No, more to it than that- adjusting the truss rod and adjusting the trem rout depth in addition to the trem being set up properly.

Comment

cool, so sounds like the only issue that my jackson might be suffering from too is the trem route depth. Just for future reference, can you measure how deep the route is? Ill measure mine and see if this is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
                    cool, so sounds like the only issue that my jackson might be suffering from too is the trem route depth. Just for future reference, can you measure how deep the route is? Ill measure mine and see if this is the problem
                    I'd check your truss rod first. While my neck appeared straight as an arrow, it in fact wasn't. The luthier said that while a little routing was necessary, the main culprit was the relief in the neck. I'll get measurements for you in a few...

Comment

Working...
                    X