NAMM... Roll call -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM... Roll call -

Well folks, it's 2 weeks away, Who's going, where ya stayin, what's the itinerary?

Who's got tix?
    Who needs tix?

Let me know as myself and 3 others will be there...

We'll all have to hook up like we did for the winter show, definitely was a blast to say the least!

Anyone live there by chance? I'm driving down so I can bring some gear if we want to have a JCF Bash and kick it up a bit. I'll most likely have the Dragon and one or two others with me for all to beat on... DOH!

Let me know, e-me if needed. (Remove the NOSPAM if you do)

Pat

Re: NAMM... Roll call -

I've never been to a NAMM show, is this in Memphis? How much are tickets and whats it like at one of those shows?
    Thanks for the info!!
    Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

still waiting on confirmation of my tix...if they come through, i'll be there sat. ...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Wait for my pass to arrive in the mail...

I'll be there Friday & maybe Saturday, if it's interesting enough to hang out for an extra day.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

People I work for are bastards, so it's a no go this time. As always, pics are required, and more importantly appreciated for those of us who are missing out. Actually, could you take some pics of the ESP booth as well? Wanna see what they have going on besides Dave's new axe

Comment

Just checked ticket prices - $175 for non
            NAMM members! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] That HURTS! I always
            had a store badge before, and didn't pay,
            so I had no idea!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Just don't leave your camera in a cab! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow!

I'd love to go, but i'm stuck in Santiago at the time... To much job to do right now...

Anyways, can any of you get a catalogue for me and send it by mail??? (I'll pay for it of course)

If so, please let me know.

Nice to see you're back Pat! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Pat, there is still a possible chance I will go. I need tix however. Was talking to a member about it...he will remain un-named at the moment and he offered to let me use his pass to do a walk through...however, a pass or 2 would be better since my bass player is thinking about going....he will be my ride down.-Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

They're not actually "tickets," as such. They are ID badges, intended to identify your "role" at the show- red badges are exhibitors and blue badges are buyers. Yellow badges are visitors, but very often visitors end up wearing someone else's blue badge to get into the show. Badges are encoded with various information about the person whose name is on the badge, including all contact info, purchasing authority, etc. So, if you are there with someone elses badge, don't let any exhibitors scan your badge. The show is supposed to be only open to those employed in the MI industry, and with legitmate business to be done on the floor. It is a trade show, and not open to the public. They actually post signs all over the place that the show is not open to the public. There is no cash and carry or over the counter selling at these shows. It's where manufacturers meet with their dealers to show new products and set up new dealer programs, etc.

Exhibitors have a finite amount of endurance. By the end of the weekend, no one has any voice left, your feet feel like they are about to fall off and you still have to break down the booth before you catch your plane. Don't get me wrong, it's a great time for everybody there, and no exhibitor is going to intentionally alienate a potential customer, but please remember that exhibitors are there to conduct business with their direct customers, not their customers' customers.

My $.02.

BTW, if anybody want's to say hi, I'm at booth #628. I'll be the one with the red badge on.
                    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    Jon Stafford
                    Chief Guitar Geek at George's Music Center
                    www.georgesmusiccenter.com/theguitarstash
                    [email protected]

Comment

I also have the same request as another poster above. If someone could pick up a Jackson catalog for me I'd gladly reimburse shipping and/or catalog costs. Thanks a bunch.

- Irfaan -

Comment

So the yellow badges are the ones drinking most of the beer? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info, Jon. I doubt I'll make it at $175 for a visitor's pass, but have a good show!

Rich
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Jon - Excellent points. I work a good # of trade shows
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

*raises hand*...
                            I'm gonna check it out. I thought i might as well so i can see what the foozle everyone is talking about. I'm gonna see if i can bring the twins with me too lol. They should have a good time looking at the artwork and giant triangle guitars and stuff.

The only person i'm gonna recognize here is Ron...
                            And if i see him, i'm most likely gonna run.

[ July 07, 2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Kamo ]

Comment

Originally posted by Kamo:
                              *raises hand*...
                              I'm gonna check it out. I thought i might as well so i can see what the foozle everyone is talking about. I'm gonna see if i can bring the twins with me too lol. They should have a good time looking at the artwork and giant triangle guitars and stuff.

The only person i'm gonna recognize here is Ron...
                              And if i see him, i'm most likely gonna run.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Ron, bring some steel toe boots this time, okay? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X