Guitar Center just broke my heart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center just broke my heart.

I was looking at the Used Gear on GuitarCenter.com this morning and saw a KV-2 w/ case for $199!!!! WHAT? I thought maybe it was a typo for $1199 or something. Naturally, I called immediately. It was in the warehouse, but the guy on the phone told me it really was $199 for a neckthru Jackson KV. I nearly crapped my pants with excitement. He said he'd put it on hold, find it in the warehouse and call me back when the store wasn't so busy... Well, 2 hours went by and he didn't call me back. So I called again and he informed me that someone fucked up and uploaded a photo of a KV they sold a long time ago. The $199 KV was a bolt on import. For 2 hours I thought I nabbed a KV-2 for $199 and it may have been the best 2 hours of my life. God damn you Guitar Center!

The GC giveth, and the GC taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      The GC giveth, and the GC taketh away.

Comment

as least you didn't buy it and get a differenct guitar.

Comment

Yeah dude, there would have been hell to pay. That's why I always have the salesman grab the guitar so I can confirm the features and condition before I pay.

Comment

that is why the store manager is supposed to be the one posting the pics.......too bad the store managers are not always guitar guys

Comment

That sucks balls.
              Would have been a great grab!

Comment

Damn them all to hell!
                BLS/SDMF

Comment

GC idiots, don't know shit as always! I only go there to make fun of the crack heads they keep hiring...
                  -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                    GC idiots, don't know shit as always! I only go there to make fun of the crack heads they keep hiring...
                    That's probably what they're saying about the customers that come into their store without any intention of buying anything.
                    sigpic

Comment

^ Those customers would be inclined to buy something if the salespersons don't treat them like shit in the first place, and know what they're talking about.

Comment

I agree
                        BLS/SDMF

Comment

That sucks!!
                          Live Hard, Die Hard
                          Just don't forget to party once in awhile

Comment

The whole way GC works as far as employees and how they are paid can you blame them?
                            Maybe sometimes but working for low wages sucks too so you can see why the are that way if they know you're a tire kicker.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              The whole way GC works as far as employees and how they are paid can you blame them?
                              Maybe sometimes but working for low wages sucks too so you can see why the are that way if they know you're a tire kicker.
                              IMO the sucky management is the one to blame for the most part! I've dealt with the GC guys for years off and on, and they always had things wrong, always! Nowadays I mostly shop either online or from the pop and mom stores even if I had to pay a little extra...

Comment

Working...
                              X