No announcement yet.

Guitar Center just broke my heart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They fucked me for christmas for my nephew this year...Sent me a nice cow 6 wiith fresh neck pocket cracks, non working electronix and a huge chunk out of the headstock layin in the fuckin case...

I will say they did take care of me and I snagged an item or 2 to flip and a couple for myself during their sale. Used 4 or 5 of their coupons lol.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

When guitar center opened by me in 1996 I was there for the grand opening. I had never been to one. The salesmen they had were amazing and I ended up buying a super rare les paul for awesome price. I had mentioned to the salesman that I always had wanted a 1979-82 gibson silverburst V. A few months later a I got a call and it was that salesmen telling me he had just got a SB V in on a trade in. It was awesome.

A few weeks later I went back and I didn't recognize any of the salesmen. From that day on I had never encounterd a single person there who really knew anything other than some marketing speak about epiphones. Recently I stopped by one the way home from work and the location had closed.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      The whole way GC works as far as employees and how they are paid can you blame them?
      Maybe sometimes but working for low wages sucks too so you can see why the are that way if they know you're a tire kicker.

Comment

The location moved. Gc hasn't closed any stores, only relocated some to new locations nearby the old one
        This space for rent

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Thats FUCKING GREAT!! I will have to say though, that the typical ignorance of their products is the same ignorance that gets you great deals at pawn shops and the mom and pop shops. Maybe, ignorance, in the right circumstances, IS bliss, just not for them.
            Last edited by Twitch; 01-12-2011, 04:45 PM.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Update the "replacement" guitar we ordered for my nephew arrived fuckin today...Roughly 50 days after the original purchase. And to top it off, it wasnt set up, cleaned, strung,....didnt even have a fuckin 9volt in it....I have in my hand 160$ worth of im sorry giftcards for the kid as well that came from guitar center....I figure he can use that to get the setup we agreed on...

OR uncle chris will be tearing this piece of shit down say 1140ish on a wednesday night....Wait...ya thats what I been doing.....Saddest part was he wanted a fuckin demmel V or the COW 6....Wanted the Cow 6 in Candycane candyass kindergarten camo and I was able to fuckin find one. WITH THE DAMN CAMO CASE....It was a sweet deal and we were stoked....Get it here and its fubar tech at GC coudlnt understand the electronics system on the ax....Well when ya take the EMG out and simply wire a duncan distortion into its place...WHILE LEAVING IN TACT all the powered shit from the EMG including the added overdrive cap that was in the board and voila...you have yourself a shit fuck stack....I told them to knoch 200 off and I would just fix it myself....I can resto I can wire etc...They said they had too much into it....Shit I paid 499 for the damn thing and they said they were losing 200 at that price....WTF???

SO we settle on a Demmel with HSC etc at another location....That location is supposed to overnight it to me for christmas eve or at least soon after.....Instead they send it to the original store...Who doesnt notice it for a week...Who I then call and ask wtf wheres my ax you have my money. After a scramble they tell me itll go out red lable monday and that they will have the techticle work on it so its good to go.....So red label passes....its now 4 days later..I call again wtf....Umm well it couldnt go out we needed a bigger box...FOR FUCKS SAKE THE OTHER STORE SHIPPED IT TO YA IN ONE....THE MOTHER FUCKER DIDNT COME IN BY CARRIER PIGEON OR IN PETERPANS ASS. Well we had to wait to send it red lable today itll be there thursday.......Friday I call again...oh ummm well apparently it went out ground it will be there next thursday......FML thanks for nothing assholes. I would have just give him my Demmel but his was already paid for and I wanted to damn sell mine.

Nothing is ever fucking easy. The other store I deal with so quitely so none of you potlickers figures it out is the shit. Their prices are smokin, their tech sets things up to my spec, guitar comes with a cleanly vaccumed case, cleaned oiled trems, cleaned pots, all good connections and is wrapped as if it were heading off to Afghanistan. If I wasnt afraid of losing out on mega deals I would let the cat outta the bag.

If I told you what I paid for some of my collection you would shit granite....best one I can say....Charvel Custom 05.....255 with case candy and tags. etc...or Kramer Sustainer 349 OHSC Mint...Or an ESP nt2 horizon for 485.

Ballin without a doubt
              Haters gonna hate
              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Come on now...when the price is too good to be true...it isnt!

Comment

Working...
                X