Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chainsaw case + modern Dinky: compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainsaw case + modern Dinky: compatible?

Couldn't find the info, but will a modern DK2 fit in an 80s chainsaw case meant for the Dinkys of that era? You never know, the specs could have changed ever so slightly to make it not fit. Anyway, yay or nay? Thanx.
    Just a guitar player...

I can't say for sure, but I'd guess not. I remember the chainsaw case I had fitting the Model 1 strat body pretty snugly, but then again the dinky bodies are smaller so who knows?

The only way to know would be to try it, unless someone else has tried it successfully or not.

Comment

All of the chainsaw cases I've seen are designed for the full-size strat body, but I've heard that there are dinky/soloist versions of it as well. Good luck identifying one from photos!

Comment

My DK2 is in a chainsaw of some sort. It's black and says Jackson on the cover.

Comment

My soloists fit fine in the Model 6 case. Not quite as snug, but it would work.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Ill have to try it, I have both. What I dont like is that my DKMGT resides in an SKB Soloist case and is not very snug in it.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Don't some of the chainsaw cases have the neck angled differently for the non-recessed trem models? Like the body or neck wouldn't sit flat in the case? Or is that just the ones with Charvel on them? I know my Model 6 doen't sit right in my soloist case.
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                Don't some of the chainsaw cases have the neck angled differently for the non-recessed trem models? Like the body or neck wouldn't sit flat in the case? Or is that just the ones with Charvel on them? I know my Model 6 doen't sit right in my soloist case.
                My buddies Recessed FR Soloist wouldn't fit because of that in my Model 5a Chainsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                  I found the noticeable difference to be the neck heel.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Is there anything on a chainsaw case (or others) that tells you what guitar the case was made for?

Comment

Model 5/6s had dinky bodies and I see em all the time with chainsaw cases.
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

I have a jackson loged chainsaw that I got for my DK1 and it fits fine......
                        Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Working...
                        X