Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new models would you like from Jackson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new models would you like from Jackson ?

It's pretty simple : what I dislike about many manufacturers is their lack of originality. For example, modern players tend to like 24 fret guitars because even if they don't need the two extra frets all the time, it gives more possibilities, two complete octaves per string, etc. So here is a thread to ask you all what you would like as production models from Jackson ! If this thread is successful, we might be able to ask them to fulfill our wishes

I'd like :
    - More 24-fret Rhoads (different pickup configurations, finishes...)
    - Especially a 24-fret version of the metallic pink RR5FR
    - A WR5FR model, Warrior equivalent to the KE5FR, RR5FR and KV5FR
    - baritones and more 7-string guitars (Kellys, Rhoads, Warriors, not only Soloists !)
    - H-S pickup configuration on a few guitars
    - KV2T's with pointy headstocks
    - More basses

Now your turn !

Reinstate the Doug Aldrich Professional (under the Stars brand).
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I would like some more functional variations on japanese or pro level dinkys and soloists, like different pickup configurations, woods, neck profiles. But all within the same quality level, so if you want a neck through 1 hum maple board, it be close to the same price as a bolt on HSS rose wood board.

...and I hate to say this but in order to make this feasable Jackson might have to take a page Henry Ford:

"You can get any color you want as long as it's black"

And if they are going to use a lisenced trem, use one with the same dimensions of a floyd or schaller so replacement would be easy
      Last edited by tanpsi; 10-10-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
        It's pretty simple : what I dislike about many manufacturers is their lack of originality. For example, modern players tend to like 24 fret guitars because even if they don't need the two extra frets all the time, it gives more possibilities, two complete octaves per string, etc. So here is a thread to ask you all what you would like as production models from Jackson ! If this thread is successful, we might be able to ask them to fulfill our wishes

I'd like :
        - More 24-fret Rhoads (different pickup configurations, finishes...)
        - Especially a 24-fret version of the metallic pink RR5FR
        - A WR5FR model, Warrior equivalent to the KE5FR, RR5FR and KV5FR
        - baritones and more 7-string guitars (Kellys, Rhoads, Warriors, not only Soloists !)
        - H-S pickup configuration on a few guitars
        - KV2T's with pointy headstocks
        - More basses

Now your turn !

Besides that, more TOM models, and more mahogany.

Maybe a Jackson star, or rebirth of the Kelly Star. Also would like a Death Kelly, but good luck getting that approved.
        Last edited by MetalHeadMat; 10-10-2010, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I'm not trying to start trouble (ok maybe) but what if when everybody makes a suggestion for a new model or variation, you have say which model or variation should leave the line up?

I'd terminate all kellys and warriors and all finish options except black

Comment

A semi-hollow 335 style shredder with a reverse headstock and a Floyd!!! Oh and one humbucker.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              A semi-hollow 335 style shredder with a reverse headstock and a Floyd!!! Oh and one humbucker.
              Haha!!! Actually Ibanez made a semi-hollow with their edge trem for a couple years, I've always wanted to try one.

Last edited by tanpsi; 10-10-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
                Extreme.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
                  I'm not trying to start trouble (ok maybe) but what if when everybody makes a suggestion for a new model or variation, you have say which model or variation should leave the line up?

First nobody is talking about replacing existing models with new ones, I was talking about adding new ones

and for the terminate all kellys, warriors and finishes... FAIL !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
                    First nobody is talking about replacing existing models with new ones, I was talking about adding new ones

and for the terminate all kellys, warriors and finishes... FAIL !!!
                    Haha!! Sure, I don't know much about the guitar business, but I'm guessing that theres a limit on how many variations they will produce and keep the prices reasonable, but I shouldn't rain on peoples guitar parade, I'll admit my tastes (black dinkys) are pretty vanilla

Comment

There is a limit probably, but IMO it would be pusihing the extremes to put in a few new models. And don't you find black Dinky's monotonous after a while ?

Comment

PC1s without the sustainer, ideally just h/s
                        Adrian Smith with a neck hum and strat output dish (like his old one)
                        A rear loaded USA Select Rhoads
                        H/S USA Select Soloist and Dinky
                        Maple board option on USA Select Dinkys
                        Non recessed Floyd option on Soloists and Rhoads
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Pointy USA guitars with tune-o-matics.

Comment

I'd love a maple board with dot inlays on a single HB strat or dinky body...double locking trem of course. Not picky on 22 vs 24 fret neck, OFR or licensed, or whether it's recessed or not.

Comment

Production War Angel & War Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                              X