Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new models would you like from Jackson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    I'd like to see a bolt-on Soloist with a Strat headstock, 22 frets and a full sized strat body.
    You made a funny. Hahahahaha. Right? I assume the wording was meant to be funny. Right?
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
      You made a funny. Hahahahaha. Right? I assume the wording was meant to be funny. Right?
      Your humor detector is working just fine.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

It may be hard to tell with Grandturkey because he doesn't use the emoticons; it seems he prefers the full impact of his dry wit sans smilies.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          It may be hard to tell with Grandturkey because he doesn't use the emoticons; it seems he prefers the full impact of his dry wit sans smilies.
          but how do I know when to laugh if he doesn't tell me?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Just pretend there's a smilie at the end of all his posts!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Seconding the adding the Warrior to the 5 series and then upgrading the fretboards to bound ebony, as well as merging the JS with the X by upgrading the JS models to basswood.

The 5 series would then be only offered in limited finishes. The USA models would have all the graphics.

Or, a lower-cost USA series that steps down to bolt-ons with rosewood fretboards and dot inlays.

Comment

I'd like a USA Dinky with a non locking tremolo (like Wilkinson or something similar) and locking tuners...maybe H/S/S...
                My Guitar: Jackson Gun Metal Gray DXMG

Comment

Easy: A John Fogg (me) signature Surfcaster 12.

Black finish, black binding, black hardware, black strings, black pearloid pickguard, black sharkfins. Everything black except for a marshmallow chicken at fret 12 in yellow or blue.

Yes, I'm serious.
                  I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

The chicken in blue, dammit ! nyce idea

Comment

Originally posted by -olaf- View Post
                      I'd like a USA Dinky with a non locking tremolo (like Wilkinson or something similar) and locking tuners...maybe H/S/S...
                      Yeah, that would be part of the stripped-down USA series I'm suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        I'd like to see a bolt-on Soloist with a Strat headstock, 22 frets and a full sized strat body.
                        Seriously, I'd like to see a neck-through with a Strat headstock and a full-size Strat body.

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Just pretend there's a smilie at the end of all his posts!
                        I have Grandturk's posts set to black text on a black background, it makes the forum seem so much less cluttered...

Comment

I'd also like to see some strat headstocks. Charvel can do them. Jackson's Adrian Smith sig can do them. As long as they put that easily removable sticker on the back of the headstock, I don't see a problem.

Comment

Maybe not completely on topic...but I'd like to see Jackson putting their higher end guitars in the big stores...rather than worry about new models...we don't get to see the ones they make now in person..no less play them.
                            The only place you can get a USA-made Jackson is online...I have yet to walk into a Guitar Center or Sam Ash and see Jackson USA's...they've always got a couple of 150 dollar Jacksons (made in god knows where)...who wants to see that shit? Every other brand showcases their high end stuff...even if it's only a couple per store...where is Jackson. The last time I saw a higher end soloist was at Sam Ash in 2006...and it wasn't even USA made...think it was a japanese soloist. (I did see a bunch of Jacksons at the Sam Ash in NYC...but that's NYC..their flagship store...) How about all the other stores.
                            Todd M

Comment

Originally posted by veniculum View Post
                              Maybe not completely on topic...but I'd like to see Jackson putting their higher end guitars in the big stores...rather than worry about new models...we don't get to see the ones they make now in person..no less play them.
                              The only place you can get a USA-made Jackson is online...I have yet to walk into a Guitar Center or Sam Ash and see Jackson USA's...they've always got a couple of 150 dollar Jacksons (made in god knows where)...who wants to see that shit? Every other brand showcases their high end stuff...even if it's only a couple per store...where is Jackson. The last time I saw a higher end soloist was at Sam Ash in 2006...and it wasn't even USA made...think it was a japanese soloist. (I did see a bunch of Jacksons at the Sam Ash in NYC...but that's NYC..their flagship store...) How about all the other stores.
                              The Jackson USA guys wait for a certain amount of orders before building a "batch" of guitars; at least this is the way the guy at my local dealer told me it worked. Made to order.
                              Last edited by Grim; 10-17-2010, 10:33 PM.
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

Bring back the Fusion Line Up

Ebony fingerboards on the import models

Thick Slab Ebony fingerboards (to die for ) on Charvel San Dimas Style 1

Real and thick maple tops on import models

Real MOP (instead of MOTO) inlays on import models

A reissue of the Charvel 750XL

Comment

Working...
                                X