Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new models would you like from Jackson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want
    1. JTX body with no pickguard (or optional). reverse headstock, Pirana inlay, Maple fb option. direct mount pickups. pickup variations and a floyd. and if you want a feature Jackson never has had try a 25.15 inch scale like the HM Strat had. FMIC owns that little feature and could use it as an exclusive for another line if they want.
    2. SL3MG to get binding/piranah inlay/Reverse headstock. I like the Inlay for MG series guitars.
    3. A return to more simply adorned dinky reverses with piranahs/ no binding.
    4. A line with Seymour Duncan Blackouts.
    5. A DK single humbucker in varied neck options.
    6. I would love a Warrior Kelly/ Kelly star/ Roswell Star/ Roswell.
    7. New floyd designs.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

A dinky reverse neck thru with bounded neck and headstock, pearloid jackson logo, custom pups, optional bridge (string thru or OFR) , MOP inlays, ebony fingerboards, quilted maple body & headstock or something matching in burst or trans colour finishes.
      I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

Originally posted by loose Cannon View Post
        A dinky...neck thru
        No such thing...you are describing a "Soloist".
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
          I'm not trying to start trouble (ok maybe) but what if when everybody makes a suggestion for a new model or variation, you have say which model or variation should leave the line up?

I'd terminate all kellys and warriors and all finish options except black
          I'd terminate you instead

I'd vote for reverse headstock option on USA Select models; Mike Learn to do some new graphic finishes.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            No such thing...you are describing a "Soloist".
            I know thats why it would be a new model as per the thread title , a DR soloist! for use of a better word , something different.
            Last edited by loose Cannon; 10-13-2010, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I dunno, man, shouldn't frets be made of a metal material rather than wood?

Ar ar
              Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              he said he has SO many ideas - he didn't say they were good ones.
              I hate you all.

Kiiiiiidding.

Comment

I know thats why it would be a new model as per the thread title , a DR soloist! for use of a better word , something different.
                you mean, like, a reverse headstock Soloist?
                Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                I hate you all.

Kiiiiiidding.
                love you too, man
                Hail yesterday

Comment

[QUOTE=VitaminG;1382177]you mean, like, a reverse headstock Soloist?

Whats so funny ?? who wouldn't want a production Dinky Reverse style soloist like a SL2h or a SL4 with some mods & tweaks ? Technically a new model with a spin on the older ones i mentioned.

Everyones heard of a dinky reverse, haven't heard a Soloist reverse, what about SR2h or a SR4 as possible names ?
                  Last edited by loose Cannon; 10-15-2010, 01:40 AM.

Comment

I know thats why it would be a new model as per the thread title , a DR soloist!
                    who wouldn't want a production Dinky Reverse style soloist
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	2587585_e33d_600x1000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	2445067

Comment

Well there werent too many soloists made with reverse head very limited runs plus custom mades, ive never seen one with matching quilt maple body and head only in trans.I'm no dumbass i know the differences between soloists,dinkys,stealths,fusions etc i just used a bad choice of words as i was trying to use characteristics from cetain dinkys and soloists to create something different. For example using the SL2H as a base to work with but i dont like the mounts around the pups ,thats where i like say a DR3 set up, as direct mounts have more contact with the wood, from which the resonance comes... better resonance = better tone (in most cases). also, the pickup mounting rings have a tendency to cause feedback issues due to movement of the pickups.

Comment

You already made my dream guitar (Jackson RR24) but I guess some guys would like an USA version of that..
                        And maybe add a couple more color options to it.
                        Black with WHITE bevels
                        Black with GREEN bevels etc.

Also, why not produce an 8-string guitar... Because they are getting more and more popular..
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1318[/ATTACH]
                          Looks like on of those, "Hey hold my beer and watch this" moments!
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            Looks like on of those, "Hey hold my beer and watch this" moments!
                            I googled images using the phrase "Unclear on the concept"

But loosey explained himself.

Comment

The Phil Collen archtop is a great idea. I second that. A Floyd and a TOM version with reverse headstock models.

I still think revisiting the JTX body is a good idea. Experiment with bindings and pickup config. That neck heel was the best bolt Jackson made in a production guitar.

Also, Robin Guitars has retired production. That split headstock is begging to be "Jacksonized". It would be a whole new look and a headstock choice to freshen up the line and attract new players. Let the legal department secure an approval with Robin Guitars.

And a proper designation for a soloist with reverse headstock would be SLR.

Binding on necks and ebonizing rosewood fingerboards on certain models would do alot for product appeal.

And if The fusion scale is just out of the question, then The HM scale, or PRS scale would work fine.

Either bring back the signature neck plates or adapt the heel from the JTX to the rest of the Dinky's.

Oh ya; Anything Roswell import is a home run.

What ya guys think of that?
                              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                              A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

I'd like to see a bolt-on Soloist with a Strat headstock, 22 frets and a full sized strat body.
                                -------------------------
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X