"Converting" a Warrior to a Warthog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
    Jesus Christ, that's disgusting, but eh it's your guitar, so who am I to judge?

I think the main points that would prove a problem is the bottom left horn, and the top right, due to the control route and the strap jack. I'm pretty sure the control route doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the horn, so that doesn't pose much of a threat.
    Other than that, doesn't look to be too different.

I'm thinking just snip the tips where they start to angle. Put the strap pin on the back, but there's no control cavity issues there:

Last edited by Newc; 10-14-2010, 03:03 AM.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      I'm thinking just snip the tips where they start to angle. Put the strap pin on the back, but there's no control cavity issues there:

Hmm, well I don't think there's really much of an issue, other than doing it yourself and MAYBE screwing up, so just be careful.

Comment

Why destroy such a beautiful design!? *shakes his head*
        I need a drink now
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Personally I think it looks cool.

Comment

I'm with GT on this one...definitely an improvement. CHOP IT UP!!

Comment

Any danger? Your resale value is going to sink but other than that there shouldn't be any problems if you know you way around the wood workshop.

Comment

In the words of RacerX - "I predict zero bids". Leave it the fuck alone. Without the Warthog, the bolts graphic and cut off points looks bland and crap at the same time.
                Last edited by wilkinsi; 10-15-2010, 09:53 AM.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I think you guys suggesting he cut this are the same people who gawk at traffic accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                    I think you guys suggesting he cut this are the same people who gawk at traffic accidents.
                    Nope, we're the ones that are original, innovative and refuse to take stock as an standard. We're the ones that are at fault for the traffic accidents, but keep on driving, surveying the damage in our mirrors!

Comment

Chop it up! Chop it up! Chop it up!
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        In the words of RacerX - "I predict zero bids". Leave it the fuck alone.
                        +1

But, go ahead, it's your guitar. Maybe in a few years somebody will see it on eBay and do a thread in Efraid, and us old-timers will go "eh, didn't a JCFer do this to his Warrior a few years ago?":think: And then we'll have a chuckle or two.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                          Nope, we're the ones that are original, innovative and refuse to take stock as an standard. We're the ones that are at fault for the traffic accidents, but keep on driving, surveying the damage in our mirrors!

Comment

Why ruin a perfectly good body style?If it looked good I'm sure Jackson would put one out from the factory.:dunno:
                            BLS/SDMF

Comment

I say go for it! But have it done professionally. Someone like Dan Lawrence can modify the body and do the graphic for you. Having Dan do it for you is like having a custom Jackson made. You know it will get done right and it will look awesome.

Comment

I'm not gonna comment on the look but I don't get why a professional would have to do this. It's not that big of a modification. Cut it up, shoot some holes in it, and rock on..
                                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                                X