Artist Similar CS Rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artist Similar CS Rule

Gentlemen. I was hoping somebody here could help me the "No Artist Similar" rule the JCCS has. Do these rules prohibit:

1. JC signature models, (like getting a custom shop Adrian Smith model with maybe a different colour or other MINOR change)?
    2. Old signature models, (like if I wanted a KE1, with or without a minor change)?
    3. If you want a guitar exactly like an endorser or an ex-endorser, (like a model exactly like Steve Lynch's "Pulse" strat, or Scott Ian's "NOT" Rhoads)?

Sorry for my rambling, but I haven't been able to figure anything out.

Just dont say anything when submitting your artist similar spec sheet. I got a Hanneman digi camo that is spec'd just like his ESPs. Also someone here got a silver KV2 with a kahler just like you know whos...

If you put on the spec sheet I want it just like Martys they will say no.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      Just dont say anything when submitting your artist similar spec sheet. I got a Hanneman digi camo that is spec'd just like his ESPs. Also someone here got a silver KV2 with a kahler just like you know whos...

If you put on the spec sheet I want it just like Martys they will say no.
      Oh yes, I remember that guys, kinda surprised he got it in the end.

And good point... Do you think that'd work with the current signature series?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
        Oh yes, I remember that guys, kinda surprised he got it in the end.

And good point... Do you think that'd work with the current signature series?
        If you are talking about a Adrian strat in a different color you have to get the artist to sign off on it, which I hear does happen. Last time I checked Jackson is not doing strat head CS orders otherwise I would have ordered a nice flame top strat like Suhr but with a strat head and large Jackson logo.

If you are reading this McD I am ready to order a CS Jackson strat just give me the green light.

Comment

I understand you can go to Charvel for a strat head... But a big Jackson logo just looks nicer on it. I wish Jackson would allow that... And round horns... And Firebirds... And Explorers...

Comment

My understanding is that for a current artist they will ask the artist's permission - you could order an AS with a neck humbucker and strat output (like his original) for example. I made vague enquiries about an h/s no-sustainer PC1 and aparently that was an option as well.

For old artists, you're basically out of luck, unless you can spec the guitar without reference, or you include some visually notable difference.

For what it's worth, I was told that my TMNT Spitz replica was the last non-authorised replica that will ever leave the CS. And that was a double-whammy because it has copyrighted artwork on it too...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
            X