Help me decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide

I have $900 bucks to spend on my first Jackson/Charvel. I'm partial to Superstrats, but other shaped are cool too.

Haveing said that, I'd like opinions on what Jax/Charv I should get. I like new axes and also Neckthrough. I don't like pickguards

Post pics if you gottem and give me lots of detail

Tommy

You can get a Charvel SoCal brand new and still have money left over. Try one of the dealers here, I hear Matt's Music is very reputable He's a member here if you're interested.

http://www.mattsmusic.com/

Comment

I like the SoCal or SD in that price range but the SoCal has a pickguard and both are bolt ons so probably not what the OP is looking for. I know the OP mentioned 'new' axes but if you want to go used, you could probably score a USA soloist for $900. If stuck on a 'new' guitar, I think you're looking at a Japanese neckthrough.

Comment

Thanks guys....keep the ideas coming....New isn't a showstopper. I do like Neckthrough

Tommy

Comment

Oh you're right my mistake I meant the Style 1, as it is a super strat.

Comment

Some guy on ebay got a hell of a deal the other day on a Demmelition V (neck thru) for just over $350. I can't believe I let that one get away.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
              Some guy on ebay got a hell of a deal the other day on a Demmelition V (neck thru) for just over $350. I can't believe I let that one get away.
              I missed that one too. I'm not really into these but I would have picked it up at that price point for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                Oh you're right my mistake I meant the Style 1, as it is a super strat.
                Still a bolt-on.

SL3 or SL3MG?
                I like EL34s.

Comment

I agree with SL3, or a SLAT, I think you can get them for $900 or so, no?

Comment

I have a Charvel 750xl for sale

Comment

Originally posted by TommySixGun View Post
                      I have $900 bucks to spend on my first Jackson/Charvel. I'm partial to Superstrats, but other shaped are cool too.

Haveing said that, I'd like opinions on what Jax/Charv I should get. I like new axes and also Neckthrough. I don't like pickguards

Post pics if you gottem and give me lots of detail

Tommy
                      Save up some more cash. You aren't going to get a new neckthru for $900 unless you go for a Sam Ash "SL2H' or an SL3.

I don't know what the obsession is with buying a new axe when there are better quality and spec used guitars for less money, but it's your money and your guitar, so get what you want.
                      Last edited by DonP; 10-23-2010, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        Save up some more cash. You aren't going to get a new neckthru for $900 unless you go for a Sam Ash "SL2H' or an SL3.

I don't know what the obsession is with buying a new axe when there are better quality and spec used guitars for less money, but it's your money and your guitar, so get what you want.
                        Go the whole hog and buy an SL2H.
                        I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                        X