No announcement yet.

Jackson's answer to Randy Rhoads' LP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson's answer to Randy Rhoads' LP...

Interesting. http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/1...%20runcampaign
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

It would've been hilarious if they ripped off the LP completely, save for the shape.

Comment

The angles of the the V shape look huge, like the new relic that's exact. I think they should have stuck to the older shape.
      Ratt & Roll

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
          The angles of the the V shape look huge, like the new relic that's exact. I think they should have stuck to the older shape.

I think it's the same just that no pinstripes makes it look really big and blank, which may be why it had pinstripes in the first place.

Comment

It really does look huge. If they couldn't do pinstripes why didn't they make black bevels instead? Because it's supposed to look like the binding on LP Custom.

Comment

Those are Music Zoo custom orders, and they've done a few different variations. One had polka dots & bow ties, even. They've done a "PCS 1.5" series of variants, too. Pretty cool stuff, IMHO.

Comment

Those are pretty cool... except for the price. I like it better in white than black... at least wiht the black background they use in all their pics
                http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  Those are Music Zoo custom orders, and they've done a few different variations. One had polka dots & bow ties, even. They've done a "PCS 1.5" series of variants, too. Pretty cool stuff, IMHO.
                  Yeah, I really liked that one. If I could get a V any way I wanted, it would be polka dot bowtie Y2KV with a Floyd.

Comment

I remember the polka dot version, too. This one is also pretty neat, but I think it's kinda funny it's out now with the Gibson RR LP.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

sweet but i still cant afford this or his les paul

Comment

I don't think it looks big at all. Look at the picture of the back. If anything the body almost looks too small for that neck. Almost as if the angles are cut more steeply than a regular RR or PCS, making it narrower where it meets the neck than what I am used to seeing. Then again, I don't own a RR so I am just speculating.
                        Last edited by bombtek; 10-23-2010, 06:13 AM.
                        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          I remember the polka dot version, too. This one is also pretty neat, but I think it's kinda funny it's out now with the Gibson RR LP.
                          Yeah, the timing of Gibby doing the RR LP and Jackson doing the RR Relic was interesting. I wonder if they each knew about the other happening?

Comment

Yeah, the timing of Gibby doing the RR LP and Jackson doing the RR Relic was interesting. I wonder if they each knew about the other happening?
                            The Rhoads Relic was shown and announced at NAMM back in January. So yeah, Gibson knew the Rhoads was coming. The guys at the Jackson booth said Gibson was considering doing the Rhoads Les Paul but decided against it, at least back then, saying it wasn't distinctive enough. But they thought Gibson would eventually release one. So I think they both knew these guitars were coming. Can't really say whether either of them cared if the other was doing it or not.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Granted the $$ is not available yet, but at least this gives me hope that I can get a custom Shop Neck-thru Concorde shape.
                              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                              X