• Show
Clear All

Re: Need quick advice on GMW order

ofr all the way
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

glad you guys are of like mind. All over the map that is. I Like the looks of black floyd, but Vtrem would make it more 1982. However, 1982 is long dead I guess. Gonna floyd it. Having the plate engraved w/ my daughter's b-day and a clear GMW indicator as well. Probably stick a Charvel logo on as they look cool, but these guitars from what I hear stack up very easily as good as or better than the originals. Dumb question? What is GMW's pedigree w/ Charvel sandimas? I mean, Dan Lawrence did lots of graphics for them (and still does I guess) and they are in Glendora, the location of the actual mfg. facility. What's the connection? How come they are making exact replica's even down to the neck dimensions. What's the total story here? the longer, more detailed the better. I love hereing this stuff. clark

Comment

as Doc says....if it ain't got a Floyd it ain't got squat...

Floyd it whether you use the bar or not -- the tuning stability is there and you have fine tuners right where your hand is [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL:
          Sully, there you go again with those v-trems...

- E.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

If you have not already decided, I have a Neal Moser guitar(the "m" in GMW), and it has a vintage brass bridge, and I love it so much. I also have many guitars with Floyds, which I have them all blocked off, I'm not a trem user. The Floyd has a lot more play with string bends and stuff, so if you're into that kind of stuff, and think you'll ever use the Floyd, go for the Floyd. The brass bridge has really good tone, and stays in tune as well as any of my guitars with Floyds. I'd say go for the vintage brass bridge if you don't use a trem, it looks really classy, feels really comfortable, and has great tone.

Comment

Working...
            X