Fret Buzz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret Buzz.

when i pick an open low E string i get slight fret buzz on the first few (or maybe just first) fret. The guitar is a ke3 hmmm it dosent really bug me because it is slight but will it effect the sound produced from the amp, ie will the buzz be picked up by the amp?
    how can i solve this is there a way to higher a nut coz i think that would be ideal.
    tanx! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Fret Buzz.

You can use bone dust on the nut but it will only long you a while depending how often you play.

BTW, this should be post in the Tech section. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Cham

Comment

The amp wont pick up the buzzing. The buzzing could be many of things. check if any one of your frets if its rasided up off the fret board, unless you know what ur doing you should take it in a tech to hammer it back in. What are you tuned to, If your tuned to even sometimes D with 9 guage strings , upping your string guage will solve your problem. Your action could also be too low, or you need to adjust your neck, and if its floyded guitar there are a couple other reasons it could be buzzing that i forgot!?! hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mpole:
        when i pick an open low E string i get slight fret buzz on the first few (or maybe just first) fret.
        will the buzz be picked up by the amp?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A little bit of fret buzz is normal, nothing to worry about.

How would I know if it's going to buzz through your amp? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Only you can tell if it's buzzing through your amp, since you play through it. If you hear it a lot while playing clean, then you should have it checked out.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sounds like you need to either:

1. Loosen your truss rod

-or-

2. Raise your nut

If you can find someone to help you get your nut off, that's great. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Getting it properly raised and replaced is best left to someone who knows what they're doing.

[ July 09, 2003, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

Also make sure all string clamps and screws are tight. They can rattle and sound like fret buzz too. Check the nuts on the tuners and the screws holding the tuner in place. That also sounds like fret buzz. I've had situations where a guitar would buzz only on certain frequencies really bad. I did everything including changing the strings and adjusting the neck. It still buzzed at the same place. I cleaned the frets. Still buzzed. After some time of adjusting, cleaning, and tweeking I discovered a nut had come loose on one of the tuners an thats what was ratteling. No when I hear that buzz again I check that first. Man was that annoying to deal with.
            Gil

Comment

Working...
            X