X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTM ?

It's July !

Re: GOTM ?

Yes, how about it??? Seeing the goddamn pencilsketch get one more minute of exposure makes me sick...especially since the owner broke his deal to me and did not sell me the guitar. What a waste of time!

Brett

Comment

well...i don't see what the big deal is...the sketch dinky on ebay sold for 666.00...not very many people bid...what made the soloist so special?...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I didn't see anything special about the soloist myself...that's just BS when two people make a deal and then someone backs out of the deal. I can't stand people like that...a verbal agreement is like a contract, don't sign it unless you agree with the terms.
        I'm pissed for Brett's sake...total BS.
        - Joel
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

There must be something going around because the week before that pencil jackass broke our deal, another deal on a San Dimas Bengal fell through for me too. I had already paid for that one! Lucky for me the seller / flake sent my money back, but I was still out the Fed Ex money and my time.

F%ck 'em both. I've got enough guitars (including another LTD on the way).

Brett

Comment

Yeah, it was kind of a lame GOTM... a while back I submitted an artist owned guitar and my strathead dinky Jackson and neither of them made it... Oh well, not that I really care, but I thought they'd have been better candidates. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
              There must be something going around because the week before that pencil jackass broke our deal, another deal on a San Dimas Bengal fell through for me too. I had already paid for that one! Lucky for me the seller / flake sent my money back, but I was still out the Fed Ex money and my time.

F%ck 'em both. I've got enough guitars (including another LTD on the way).

Brett
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have been there dude. The guitar I had actually bought and paid for but never got wasn't as cool as a Bengal or a Pencilsketch, but it was a pain. I do feel I made up for it with the RR serial number Soloist and the Coors Light guitar. To those who jerk our chains, what goes around, comes around.

[ July 13, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
                Yeah, it was kind of a lame GOTM... a while back I submitted an artist owned guitar and my strathead dinky Jackson and neither of them made it... Oh well, not that I really care, but I thought they'd have been better candidates. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It actually depends on when you submitted vs when it's posted etc .. we dont keep those on file ..we delete em .. we just don't have the room to save everything. When the pencil sketch went up there really were not any submissions ..that was it .. so it won by default so to speak.

Some months we get several submissions and it's tough to pick one. doesn't mean you guitar is any less valued than another ..it really depends on how the cards fall on that given month ...

Keep trying ..we are hoping at the end of the year to try and do a GOTM calender
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yeah...it was just a matter of someone coming across a nice piece and trying to pimp it out and get more than its worth. Like they were going to be able to retire off of it or something.-Lou

[ July 13, 2003, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: LouSiffer ]
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Working...
                  X