Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion of certain colors on certain models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get rid of the lightning sky graphic, its ghey, i dont understand the love for that graphic

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
      get rid of the lightning sky graphic, its ghey, i dont understand the love for that graphic
      Maybe because in your opinion it's horrible and other peoples opinions are that it looks cool.
      Gear

Jackson DXMG
      Jackson JS30RR
      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
      Blackstar HT5H
      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
      Marshall JCM 800 2203
      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Black. Get rid of black.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
          Black. Get rid of black.
          Noooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

Only black is real!
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
              Only black is real!
              You can have it in any colour you want.

As long as it's black.
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Precisely! Gloss black, satin black, metallic black, trans black, blackburst... Doesn't matter as long as it's BLACK!
                Gibson should do a 'Blacktop' Les Paul (very much like a Goldtop, but - you guessed it - black). Although with their latest models i heavilly doubt that they can come up with something as genius as that

Anyway, more in line with this thread, i do think that some of the graphic finishes on USA Select Jacksons are somewhat old fashioned and cheesy, specifically "Pile of Skulls", "Graveyard", etc... I think they're holding themselves back when it comes to that aspect. I'd love to see more quilt and even flat-top production models personally. Oh, and binding on imports.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Well, Jacksons are somewhat dated-looking/old-fashioned/cheesy anyway, I mean, look at these Dinkys and Soloists with their pointy headstocks on Strat-shaped bodies, it's a wonder ESP can still make a living ripping them off.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                    Well, Jacksons are somewhat dated-looking/old-fashioned/cheesy anyway, I mean, look at these Dinkys and Soloists with their pointy headstocks on Strat-shaped bodies, it's a wonder ESP can still make a living ripping them off.
                    ESP makes a living from ripping off every single company out there, I'm sure if the super-strats don't work the les paul rip offs will. >.>
                    Gear

Jackson DXMG
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                    Blackstar HT5H
                    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203
                    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Cobalt Blue is hot, especially on the RR1 in the classifieds, also on the Warrior, and Dinky.

Acapulco Gold is ass, Gun Metal Gray is ass as are most of their graphic series, either shitty ass graphic or just plain old outdated and boring.
                      The Original lightning sky was great back then, the newer version looks like shit and is a disgrace on the RR1.

Comment

Anyway, more in line with this thread, i do think that some of the graphic finishes on USA Select Jacksons are somewhat old fashioned and cheesy, specifically "Pile of Skulls", "Graveyard", etc... I think they're holding themselves back when it comes to that aspect. I'd love to see more quilt and even flat-top production models personally. Oh, and binding on imports.
                        More graphics would be fun, wouldn't it? Lightning-bolts, space, ghouls... Heck, why not go and copy the old Kramer Kline graphics?
                        I guitar, therefore, I am a Guitarer

http://iguitarer.blogspot.com

Comment

I disagree, i think almost all Jackson body shapes are timeless and the Jackson headstock is the coolest and most badass headstock of all time, especially when it's reversed hehe.

Originally posted by 86barettaguy View Post
                          More graphics would be fun, wouldn't it? Lightning-bolts, space, ghouls... Heck, why not go and copy the old Kramer Kline graphics?
                          Yeah, definitely. More graphics would be cool. Even simple shit like racing stripes or something. Would be interesting if Jackson started doing themed runs similarly to other manufacturers like Gibson did with the Voodoo and Gothic series. USA select Jackson models (Soloist, Dinky, Kelly, Rhoads, King-V, Warrior) with similar pickup combos, inlays and finishes fitting a general theme or concept.

Just throwing some ideas around here.

Originally posted by RD

Comment

Some good ideas here. I would love to see themes and revolving colors and graphics. And to keep with the original thread topic-I still hate Black, Red and Blue...HAHA
                            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I disagree, i think almost all Jackson body shapes are timeless and the Jackson headstock is the coolest and most badass headstock of all time, especially when it's reversed hehe.
                              :dead:

The kiddies seem to think ESPee/LTD is the way to go. And Schecter. A Soloist with a fucked-up three-on-a-side headstock, THAT is modern.

Comment

:dead:

The kiddies seem to think ESPee/LTD is the way to go. And Schecter. A Soloist with a fucked-up three-on-a-side headstock, THAT is modern.
                                and shit ^_^
                                Gear

Jackson DXMG
                                Jackson JS30RR
                                Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                                Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                                Blackstar HT5H
                                Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                                Marshall JCM 800 2203
                                Marshall 1960A Cab