Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion of certain colors on certain models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion of certain colors on certain models?

While Jackson was born from the idea of "fuck the current/acceptable standards", I must say there are just some colors I feel Jackson needs to completely abandon, or at least ban from certain models.

Cobalt Blue (and metallic blue, or really any sort of non-trans blue) is one of these colors: it should never be on a V, Kelly, or Warrior. Hell, I'd venture to say it should be dropped entirely from the color collection, or maybe reserved only for white-pickguarded Stratheaded Strats.

Trans Blue I don't mind, but I just can't stomach seeing the solid version on a Rhoads (yes, the one in the Classifieds set off this rant).

I've got a Dark Metallic Blue WRXT body (DMB stamped in the heel) and no matter how hard I try, the color just does not look good on a Warrior. It doesn't go too bad with a Dinky (the Cobalt Blue DX7 I have), but IMO it's just not one of those colors that should cover more than the body. It should be limited to bolt-ons, or if it has to go on a Soloist or other neckthrough, leave the neck plain/oiled/unpainted.

Gun Metal Gray is another one. It just reminds me too much of primer, which is too similar to something being only halfway done and needing more work. With black hardware, it's only a couple of Swastikas away from extolling the virtues of the Third Reich.

I dunno what color serves as the base for the Bolted Steel graphic, but IMO that'd work better than GMG. It's got just enough Pearl/Metallic in it to look nice without being flashy like a sparkle or not look boring like the guts of a barebones PC case.

And quite frankly, Black has been done to death IMO.

So what colors would you banninate, if you could? Note this isn't about Graphics (or Swirls either), that'll be another thread. Just the solid/gloss/matte/satin/pearl/metallic colors you'd like to see Jackson drop.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Lose the GMG, Agent Orange, Trans Blue and Cobalt Blue.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Acapulco Gold and Absinthe Frost need to go. I think Ghost Flames have been done to death. They were cool 10 years ago, but let's change it up or move on... Oh and that COW camo is just awful on a guitar.

And it's not really in the spirit of this, but let's see gold or black hardware on the trans colours for a change. And sorry, but let's loose the SL1T. I just can't get my head around that guitar - I have no idea why, but string thru with h/s/s just does not compute in my brain.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Add Au Natural quilted/flamed to my list of hates. It's not so much that it's ugly, but that it would look so much better with some color other than "wood".
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

So I'm ok with my Cobalt Blue Fusion PRO and Fusion Deluxe?

Comment

I've got my Acapulco Gold Kelly, so ban away. I like it and wouldn't mind it staying a kinda rare.

Comment

Sheesh... I had no idea colors could be so offensive...:think:

I guess since we're making rules now... Only black hardware should be allowed.
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Lets have no colors. Screw it, we can never satisfy everyone if all you guys have no common taste in colors, so lets just keep shades of gray. We could 100 finish options all between black and white and various intensities of gray lol. How beautiful would that be? :P nope not even. Just gray

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
                  I guess since we're making rules now... Only black hardware should be allowed on solid or graphic finishes.
                  Corrected.

Black hardware should be banned on any trans or metallic.

Comment

I'd like to see them bring back the crackle finish myself. But only the red/yellow/orange lava style.
                    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Honestly I can't stand the color blue on anything.Red is next.I love green and purple.I also agree Black can beat it.Except on a 57 Les Paul Custom with 3 pups, but other than that...The whole Jackson color list needs to be revamped.We had 50 colors and finished to choose from now it's less than half. I get why, but we need a change. Come to think of it ALL of the current graphics need to be changed. I would not order any of them. Oh I just looked, trans black needs to fall off the earth for some time.
                      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                        I get why, but we need a change. Come to think of it ALL of the current graphics need to be changed.
                        I agree 100%. Most of the graphics look very dated. I'd keep only the pile of skulls, since it is so iconic.

Comment

I can't decide if I'm happy or sad that Newc hates the colors of 2 of my best guitars..

I'll go with happy as a clam!! Woohoo!!!

And to actually advance the thread... Gold, Red, and any of the "80's" neons can be burninated with the thatched roof cottages!!
                          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Tobacco burst

It literally makes me want to roll it in paper, set it on fire and smoke it
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Gun Metal Gray is another one. It just reminds me too much of primer, which is too similar to something being only halfway done and needing more work. With black hardware, it's only a couple of Swastikas away from extolling the virtues of the Third Reich.

I dunno what color serves as the base for the Bolted Steel graphic, but IMO that'd work better than GMG. It's got just enough Pearl/Metallic in it to look nice without being flashy like a sparkle or not look boring like the guts of a barebones PC case.

And quite frankly, Black has been done to death IMO.
                              I respectfully disagree with you there dude. I think Gun Metal Grey is one of the best plain colors Jackson currently offers. It looks deadly and stylish at the same time especially on Warriors and Dinky/Soloist bodies. My new USA GMG Wr1 smokes my Black WRMG to dust in terms of aesthetics.
                              However, I agree on the Black Guitars, while they look cool on colorful backgrounds, they're certainly boring when playing and they get smudged easily with the lightest of touches (I have three black Jacksons, ehh).
                              IMO Black looks a lot cooler if it's combined with either binding or pinstripe, especially on Pointy guitars (Rhodes, Kelly, Warrior)...

They should ditch the Chrome Hardware on all solid and dark colors...
                              -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Working...
                              X