Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion of certain colors on certain models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel the JS should only offer those solid colours. The rest I could live with. After all, when you ban them, people will bitch until they come back. There's always that one little demographic...

Also GMG is one of my favourite paintjobs for a guitar.

Also black should stay, because some generic metal heads will like it, other times it looks cool, (imo Rhoads and KV).

I know you said no graphics, but to make my post actually contributory, they should bring the blood splatter with BLACK background back. I'd love to have so and so guitars with that finish, but all I ever see offered (on a stock model) is white.

Comment

I've never liked any of the trans finishes , they all look like shit to me, and don't get me started on the matching headstocks!.

everything else is a-ok in my book (but bring back Burgandy Mist and Black Cherry!!)

Comment

Not to be a hater, but this entire thread is a massive circlejerk. Taste is subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
          Not to be a hater, but this entire thread is a massive circlejerk. Taste is subjective.
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Taste is very subjective i agree, but i think what we are saying is give us some new flavers. Jackson used to move the colors around every namm show. Im not saying do it that much, but something new would be great. Put it to a vote and go from there.
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Acapulco Gold, Absinthe Frost, Agent Orange, Darby Green, most of the trans finishes (ALL of the ones that are brown or vaguely brown) can go get fucked.

But most of all... Blood drips and studs.

:ROTF:

I like Black, Snow White, Ferrari Red, and Cobalt Blue, though. I think the graphics could use a refresh, myself.

Comment

I have to say I disagree with most of you.

All the flashy colours are awesome, dammit ! The trans finishes are nice too, but I'd like to have some with quilted and not only flamed maple.

IMO you could ban BLACK ^^. But if there's one I want them to keep it's the pink of the RR5FR ^^.

Comment

Likewise to an extent. I liked the Ultra Violet Burst and Tobacco Sunburst, but those were already discontinued by the time I started buying USA Jackson guitars, and I was buying used anyway. But I'd happily buy a new one if UVB or TBS were available, especially if they were quilted.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm not very impressed by the colour options at all.

I wouldn't want to buy a plain black Jackson because it's too plain and generic. I like white, but the only white guitars which look good with a black headstock are Les Pauls, so I wouldn't want to buy a white Jackson with a black headstock.
                    I'm not particularly impressed by most of the other solid colours either.

I'm not a fan of trans black, and I think trans red is a bit too bright. I like trans blue and green, but I'd rather they had black hardware.

I don't like graphics in general.

Most of the colour schemes I actually do like have been discontinued, like Tobacco Burst and Raspberry Burst.

So, yeah, I think Jackson could improve their finish selection!
                    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Gun Metal Gray is another one. It just reminds me too much of primer, which is too similar to something being only halfway done and needing more work. With black hardware, it's only a couple of Swastikas away from extolling the virtues of the Third Reich.

I dunno what color serves as the base for the Bolted Steel graphic, but IMO that'd work better than GMG. It's got just enough Pearl/Metallic in it to look nice without being flashy like a sparkle or not look boring like the guts of a barebones PC case.
                      The Bolted Steel is metallic silver. It's really not that far off from Gun Metal Gray which is also a metallic color. I think the GMG is awesome, especially since I own an RR1T in that color.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I could think of a hundred new and cool finishes for them to offer. I doubt very many of you would think they were cool, though.

I agree that many of the current USA Select finish options are stale, though. Time for some new options.

Comment

I'd like to see more models with Eerie Dess Swirl and Crimson Swirl. I'd like to see some sort of purple swirl, trans purple, solid purple... well, purple ftw !

And I'd really like them to offer more models in more colors... For example, the KE5FR is a pro series like the KE3, yet it only comes in three colors while the KE3 comes in much more. And I won't buy a fuckin bolt-on KE3 ffs, but I'd love a Crimson/Eerie Dess Swirl KE5FR.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                            I'd like to see them bring back the crackle finish myself. But only the red/yellow/orange lava style.
                            +1 Hell yeah! Had a Dinky in yellow desert crackel that kicked ass!! Wouldn't mind gettin' me one of those again! Now, as for banned colors I'd be okay with NEVER seeing a Darby Green guitar EVER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                              Taste is very subjective i agree, but i think what we are saying is give us some new flavers. Jackson used to move the colors around every namm show. Im not saying do it that much, but something new would be great. Put it to a vote and go from there.
                              I thought it was more "This is shit me no likey get rid of it!" more than "Give us some new flavours"

Just going to say this though, Eerie Dess Swirl needs to be more common on models, Green Swirl looks like puke and there needs to be more beveled finishes such as the black w/ fluorescent green bevels, which is only on the kevin bond signature (Is that model even available anymore?)
                              Last edited by Mazz; 11-21-2010, 06:33 PM.
                              Gear

Jackson DXMG
                              Jackson JS30RR
                              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                              Blackstar HT5H
                              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                              Marshall JCM 800 2203
                              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I don't like figured maple on strat style bodies.
                                -------------------------
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X