Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion of certain colors on certain models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+ 3 For Tonemonsters ideas. I agree with bringing back the blood drips. The should have HR Flames as a standard too.
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      Who said anything was wrong with ESP quality or where they're made? Are we both having the same conversation here? :think:

The point was, ESP is no more innovative than Jackson. They make a ripoff of the Les Paul, the SG, the Explorer, the Strat, the Soloist... Nothing innovative IMO. ALL of their body styles are highly derivative of some other established company's guitar body. But for some reason, teenage kid guitar players see them as modern" and "fresh" while Jackson is seen as "old-school" and "80's."

Maybe Jackson hasn't done anything truly innovative in some time, I'd accept that. However, IMO ESP has really never done anything innovative.
      Ah yes, my apologies, i misunderstood your post. I would guess that's more to do with marketing rather than innovation; with big name endorsees like Metallica, Slayer, CoB, etc. supporting the brand, it's kind of hard to imagine ESP not doing well with the young'uns. I definitely agree with your point, though - and it seems that Gibson did too what with the lawsuits and all But i disagree with what you said about Jackson's lack of innovation - sure, they didn't reinvent the wheel or anything, but they're still responsible for a handful of the most iconic guitars in Metal...

But unlike ESP, they've sat on their laurels and fallen behind the times somewhat. I mean come on, they only decided to release a proper production model 7-string archtop superstrat several years AFTER that whole trend ended. Jackson guitars has a heritage worthy of most guitar manufacturers' envy but it's 2010 (2011 almost) so get with the program! Do a fucking 27-fret MIJ Warrior with red binding, Floyd and blood drips. Do a tobacco sunburst Dinky with PAF pickups, V-trem and SLS headstock. Do a goddamn 24-fret Rhoads with 2 pickups! (:P) And get some proper endorees, not some has-been like Scott Ian (no offense to Anthrax fans).

[/rant]
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
        I think the best idea so far has been bring back the Crackle

I'm having a DK2 done up with a Black/Neon pink crackle right now!

I'm not a big fan of the heavily detailed graphics, they are mostly pointless onstage because no one is close enough to see the details
        Crackle ftw, you're SO damn right. Love the Orange crackle as well (saw it online on an old CS Rhoads and started drooling ^^)

Other than that, I'd love some quilted top trans finishes (red, PURPLE, "venomous" sort of green, etc) with a black burst
        Last edited by Nagash02; 11-25-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I like the crackle as well. bring them back. great idea! lots of good ideas on this thread!
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

+1 on the crackle. I'd love to see some metallic crackles or some-such unusual stuff.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Lots of love for the crackle here.They should do a Orange Lava Crackle run for all models again like they did in 91 was it? Damn can you imagine a Orange Lava Crackle Warrior, or a KV2T..Damn I got a massive semi just thinking about it....
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing "bass boat sparkle" on a few things, and in various colors (purple, green, gold, red, white, orange, etc). Maybe even in blue. How about black bassboat sparkle? Gloss black base with fat silver glitter suspended in the poly overcoat? Give it some depth.

I don't mind trans colors, but they should have some dynamic to them, not just be "uniform all over". Fade the center a bit. Darken the outer edges somewhat. You know, the standards that Gibson and Fender established back in the 50s with those burst jobs.

And lose that pile of tightly-grained flame maple, please! It's incredibly weak IMO. Figured wood should have a more vibrant figure. It should be bold, not boring. It doesn't have to shock the eyes like spalted maple, but it should at least look more dynamic than the average acoustic top!
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                  But i disagree with what you said about Jackson's lack of innovation - sure, they didn't reinvent the wheel or anything, but they're still responsible for a handful of the most iconic guitars in Metal...
                  I think you misunderstood me again... I think we're pretty much saying the same thing. I think that Jackson has done some very important and innovative things in the past, definitely.

Comment

Cool ideas from all.

I like the ideas. I do like the tight grain flame maple, but thats just me. but I really like a nice quilted maple too. I wish they would do some quilt tops for a while.

how about flipping the crackles so the crackle color is black, the "main" colors are the bright colors? (like the old desert crackles)

the show up better that way. I have an old pink with black crackle, looks good. some colors like bright aqua blue, neon green, neon orange, desert tan, bright red, or maybe even use some candy colors for that too.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Candy colored crackle! FTW!

(Awsome thread BTW)
                      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

You guys are all nuts! I like just about all the available finishes and wouldn't drop any of them. Heck, even black if done right still looks good. the problem with black as it is available now is the hardware color. For example, the current RR1 with all black hardware doesn't look as good as black with gold/brass hardware. Just go back to gold/brass hardware and now you have that timeless, classic Rhoads look.
                        As for new graphics, we don't need to think up any. Just send the guitar bodies to Mike Learn and let decide the graphic. You can't go wrong that way
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Why would we spend all that money to have it sent out to pay more money to have it done the way we wanted in the first place?
                          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                            You guys are all nuts! I like just about all the available finishes and wouldn't drop any of them. Heck, even black if done right still looks good. the problem with black as it is available now is the hardware color. For example, the current RR1 with all black hardware doesn't look as good as black with gold/brass hardware. Just go back to gold/brass hardware and now you have that timeless, classic Rhoads look.
                            As for new graphics, we don't need to think up any. Just send the guitar bodies to Mike Learn and let decide the graphic. You can't go wrong that way
                            I'd love to see something besides black hardware on everything (and chrome on trans finishes). I agree, the Rhoads needs brass/gold and I think the Soloists with the quilt tops should offer gold rather than chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                              I'd love to see something besides black hardware on everything (and chrome on trans finishes). I agree, the Rhoads needs brass/gold and I think the Soloists with the quilt tops should offer gold rather than chrome.
                              Chrome=Cheap on metal guitars like Jackson, especially on trans finishes! It's a big pass for me.
                              I also believe most quilted finishes would look much better with either Gold or Black hardware depending on the trans finishes of the guitars.
                              I'd say generally quilted maple tops with trans purple or trans red would look better with gold hardware, and guitars with the trans blue or trans green look cooler with black hardware. As for trans black quilted tops, they fit better with black hardware unless the the guitar has a maple neck, then gold hardware would be the better choice... Of course this formula changes with the amount of cheese you like on your guitars.
                              -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Yep, I put black on Trans Black and it looked killer. Trans Blue would look great with gold IMO. Chrome looks cool on some things, for example it looks nice with red and also with white but for something like a flame or quilt-top... I dunno, to me it's a no-brainer to put gold hardware on the SL2H-MAHQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X