Young Guitar Special Editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Guitar Special Editions

Any of you guys buy the Young Guitar Special Editions off of ebay? They are all over the place, EVH, Rhoads, Jake E. Lee, Lynch, DeMartini, Sykes, Vai et.al. I just took the plunge on three of them, they look pretty cool, and Young Guitar always have the absolute best guitar gear photos that I have ever seen. The idea of karaoke style CD's with songs with the guitar only removed, to play along with is a novel idea as well. I see that the Eddie Van Hasbeen version comes with a DVD style lesson! Anybody who has purchased these, or seen them, your input would be appreciated.

BTW, I purchased my big three: Lynch, DeMartini and Lee!

Re: Young Guitar Special Editions

I have no idea What you are talking about, I must live under a rock or something..

Got a link?

Comment

I have looked into getting them for a while, but they are expensive. Do all of them have the guitar removed with full backing tracks for the full songs, or just for the lick and riff demonstrations?

[ July 10, 2003, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Back For More ]

Comment

What are they, I've never heard of this....links??

Comment

jeff, i've got the RR one... it's a disappointment. there's a few photos, but you've seen em, the transcriptions are way off, too.

i mainly bought it for the karaoke cd, which is kinda neat. problem with it is that yes, there are versions of 8 songs without guitar or vocals on them. until the solo part comes up. then it's got the rhythm guitar track under it, and part of a harmony solo when applicable (like the beginning solos of over the mountain and SATO). and they're mixed WAY too loud. the songs also aren't full songs, either. i edited a few of them so that they're full length, though. i'll make em available in the future. the RR one says it's a 16 track song disc... yes it is, but it's 2 versions of each song. one with the rhythm/lead tracks on, and one without. and they're not super accurate.

is it worth the 26.00? eh... perhaps.

sully

[ July 10, 2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Here's the link:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50

I am hoping that the RR version is not representative of the others. I mean, unfortunately Randy was only around for a few years, to be photographed, and as far as his favorite guitars, what are there 6 of them? Those we all know quite well. Somebody on Charvel Central bought the EVH one and posted a couple of pics of the EVH 1 guitar -- they were fantastic close-up photos. I am hoping for the same with my purchases. As far as the transcriptions, I'll keep you posted how mine turn out.

[ July 10, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Metalcop ]

Comment

Please do - I'm very curious about these.

Thanks,
              JK

Comment

Thread Resurrection!

Update: I received my Young Guitar 'Special Editions' today. What a complete disappointment. I bought these for the pics just as much as the transcriptions. I was expecting museum/book quality photos, like I am accustomed to from Young Guitar. The pics, and there aren't many, are all grainy black and white, printed on thick newspaper quality paper! Jake E. Lee's book had pics of 4 of his guitars - Only four! The text is 98% in Japanese as well, so don't believe the text is in Japanese AND English, that isn't the case. As Sully stated, the transcriptions are poor, way off in some cases. The CD is ok, the guitar playing demonstrations on the CD are great, but there aren't very many. I thought that you would get 'karaoke' versions of all four transcripted songs, as implied. This is not so, you only get 1 or 2 karaoke versions, sometimes not even of the transcripted songs, for example Body Talk by Ratt, its not transcribed, but that is one of the karaoke tracks you get. Unless you are a diehard fan and feel you absolutely must have this, save your money. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

holy crap!

sounds like the evh one is the only one worth getting. i can't believe that they'd do that with the karaoke versions (not putting transcribed songs in there)

what karaoke songs are in fact on the ones you got?

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

One of my guitars was featured in a recent Young Guitar magazine (issue No.448/2003). I only have that issue. It looks interesting for sure, but I didn't get a CD with mine [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's what you get for the George Lynch, Warren DeMartini, and Jake E. Lee editions:

In My Dreams/Dokken
                      Back for More, Body Talk/Ratt
                      Dreams In The Dark/ Badlands
                      There may be one more Jake song, I will have to go back and check.

Comment

In any case, thanks for the reviews. I'll think twice about picking any of those up.

Comment

Working...
                        X