Discontinue of Yellow RR24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discontinue of Yellow RR24?

Apologies if this has been brought up before but I did a search and couldn't find anything on the subject.

I'm getting ready to order a RR24 and obviously I only like the classic Alexi Yellow one but I watched this video and he mentions it being discontinued [which was over a year ago...]. Which I find hard to believe because it's the best colour but I looked around and I haven't found one at any online music stores either.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hopefully we could shed some light on what happened?

Apparently replaced by this gold thing ?

Originally posted by QueenDeuce View Post
    Apparently replaced by this gold thing ?
    Is that a Chinese knock-off or just Photoshopped? The RR24 does not have an inlay on the 24th fret, yet that one does.
    And I think the gold is cooler looking anyway.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yup it's true, the Yellow beveled RR24s are discontinued at least in the US market. And Toejam is right, that picture indeed doesn't look right, even the pickup is painted, huh! :think:
      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

NOoooooooooo, why would they discontinue it???

Comment

Maybe they didn't sell well?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Is that a Chinese knock-off or just Photoshopped? The RR24 does not have an inlay on the 24th fret, yet that one does.
            And I think the gold is cooler looking anyway.
            Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
            Yup it's true, the Yellow beveled RR24s are discontinued at least in the US market. And Toejam is right, that picture indeed doesn't look right, even the pickup is painted, huh! :think:
            It looks like he made it in the guitar generator.

Comment

Yes made in the generator.

And If they fuckin dicontinue it, I'll order it from the CS, dammit !

Comment

I got the Gold one...it's a Marmite thing....love it or hate it.

Comment

I hate the gold but love the yellow one...

Comment

I have one of the yellow ones with the reverse shark fins, It sounds great but the neck is a little fat, buy the black and red one and trade me lol!
                    I like the black and red better
                    Last edited by metalone; 12-19-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
                      I hate the gold but love the yellow one...
                      It's not yellow. It's black with yellow bevels.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

See, isn't that bee'you'iffle - now why would you want to kill that?

Comment

As much as i usually hate reverse sharkies, on an RR24 they actually look pretty sweet! They really seem to compliment the lines. I really need one of these with red bevels and a snow white RR24m with black bevels.
                          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Yeah, my plan was a repaint by Mike,black with red bevels and red pinstrips but have to wait on the money

Comment

I was planning for a RR24 Black/Yellow in Standard D (main guitar) that I would customize a lot, then a RR24 Black/Red tuned to standard E that I would customize differently, and at last a RR24M with black body (can't stand white Rhoads with a maple neck -__-') for standard C tuning.

Comment

Working...
                              X