Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How NOT to ship a guitar

So I got a new Soloist, here's how it was shipped:

What is wrong with people? Fortunately no damage, but sheesh!
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

My god!!

Im surprised the courier let it ship that way.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

man now thats a miracle. glad it arrived safe, but what the hell are these people thinking!!

Comment

...You're f**king kidding me!!!
        Who ever shipped this guitar to you needs to be shipped in a container to China naked through sea!
        Last edited by DarkkWarriorr; 12-16-2010, 12:46 AM.
        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

What the Fuck?

Comment

Okay. I'll see that and raise you....

On Monday, I got a brand new SLSMG in THIS:

No case, no gig bag, nothing but this ESP-branded cardboard box, which was inside a rectangular box with a big Squier logo (and I'll bet my coworkers were thinking, "Boy, he really splurges on guitars!")

But it arrived totally undamaged:

I contacted the seller and asked what was going on. He agreed that there should have been a hardshell case, but I haven't heard back.

EDIT: And this was shipped by UPS!

See my thread HERE.
            Last edited by PowerTube; 12-16-2010, 12:44 AM.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

A wedge box inside a larger rectangular box is how manufacturers ship guitars. Including Jackson before the new case rule. Just a bit of cardboard for support under the neck and around the headstock and in the corners and along the bottom of the wedge box. 99% of the guitars reach their destination unscathed. Minimal packing is better than over packing and allowing the guitar to release any energy it may incur from a drop or bump or what ever during shipping. He probably got the boxes from GC and did it the same way as the manufacturer.
              Gil

Comment

Re the OP's pic: that is exactly how I received my Kelly XL (many years ago, I think it was my first purchase after joining the JCF)
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Re the OP's pic: that is exactly how I received my Kelly XL (many years ago, I think it was my first purchase after joining the JCF)
                  That's exactly how I received my Kelly XLR years ago, too! The seller probably couldn't find a box big enough for the Kelly case, but still...
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

2 out of the last 3 guitars I bought cam with the case just taped closed. both were fine. I'm pissed because I needed those boxes for the guitars I'm selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                      My god!!

Im surprised the courier let it ship that way.
                      I was surprised the USPS allowed an RR EX, in the hsc, taped up like Charvel750's Soloist, to go thru. Luckily,the RR EX was gonna be gutted and pimped anyway.

Comment

hmm, im having a guit shipped to me... getting nervous, although i asked the dude to unbolt the neck from the body because it is coming caseless..

We'll see how that works out

Comment

The last Jackson I bought was in it's mammoth case inside a cardboard box; shipped like that.
                          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

My second purchase of a Jackson through ebay was via a Pawn shop. They took the Kelly and simply wrapped it in cardboard. Needless to say, it didn't make it. I got them to refund 1/2 my money. A wing tip was busted off and gone, and they didn't disclose the headstock had been repaired (low E). I sold the body and kept the neck because it was from a Fusion PRO and is still one of my favorite necks even with the break.

Comment

How does the old saying go? It's all fun and games until the headstock snaps?

Guitar shops should know better, but when dealing with anyone else online it makes sense to state the obvious about how to ship a guitar. And don't skimp on the insurance (eventhough that comes with its own set of headaches).

Comment

Working...
                              X