How NOT to ship a guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think that's bad?
    I received my used Soloist Archtop Pro in a way too big rectangular cardboard box without any stuff to fill it. No case. Only the headstock was wrapped in some bubble wrap. The guitar flew around inside the box totally free.
    My heart nearly stopped when I opened the box, and the seconds it took me to unwrap the bubble wrap seemed about the longest of my life.
    But... no damage. To this day I don't know how DHL managed NOT to destroy that guitar.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I received a Charvel Star a few weeks back that arrived like the soloist. Just the case with some tape over the latches. The case was beat to crap!!
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I'll up you on this one. I received a Rhoads LTD, one of the 200 limited in 1992, from overseas in JUST THE CASE ! , no tape, nothing. Anyone could have removed the guitar from the case somewhere along the line.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
          I'll up you on this one. I received a Rhoads LTD, one of the 200 limited in 1992, from overseas in JUST THE CASE ! , no tape, nothing. Anyone could have removed the guitar from the case somewhere along the line.
          What was the tool who shipped it thinking? When I ship something to someone I pack it well and pad it with foam, bubble wrap, newspaper, whatever it takes to protect it. I do hate those foam peanuts so I never use those.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I think foam peanuts help in dispersing energy from drops. When I received my Roxie from GMP direct a few years back, it came in a large box filled partway with peanuts. The guitar was only partially wrapped in bubblewrap (no case). I was lucky the damn thing didn't come upside down! It came all across from the west to the east coast.

When I ship guitars, I try to use peanuts along with bubble wrap, but they can be expensive, which is why I try and squirrel them away when I can.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Unreal how those guitars were shipped...makes me wonder about this "cost effective" time we live in. Lucky the Jackson has a tank for a case....that SLS being sent in another company box to boot just warrants an ass-kickin'!

Comment

Working...
              X