Help identifying my jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying my jackson

I'm trying to find out more info on my Jackson, i bought it new early 90's, i went on the Jackson website and contacted them giving the serial number but they told me their database only goes back to 2003. They put me onto this site saying there are many 'knowledgeable Jackson users who might have some info on your older Jackson.' I think it is an SX FUSION model, the serial number starts 915***. It has a Floyed Rose locking trem, two Humbucker's (the bridge humbucker is a hotrail) neither have any names on them. It also has a single pickup in the middle with Jackson on it. A 5 way switch and a volume knob. Any info would be great. Cheers.

Pictures would help.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

pics and more info. What sort of inlays? How many frets? What finish/colour? What's the scale length?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Full ser # would be nice also
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Why do people do serial numbers like that? UOXXXX? Is it actually supposed to prevent people from taking the serial number and creating a fake? I guess if I was to create a fake, I would use any random number. U02188.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I think it's for identity theft reasons, as if someone can trace who they are by what the serial number of their guitar is
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I bought a guitar once that was a "Too Good To Be True" deal. I paid cash and have a receipt. That being said, I'm fairly sure the dude I bought it from stole it. Perhaps thats why some people hesitate to post a full serial number. If You reported your guitar stolen and someone else posted that they have it in their possesion then wouldn't you want to know how the hell they got it? I heard once that the majority of items on ebay are 50% stolen, 35% fake, and 15% legit. That tends to lend a lot of credability to the whole Buyer Beware phrase. If someone has a "Buy It Now" price of $350. on a USA Custom Shop model in mint condition...Does that sound legit to you? Perhaps I'm way off base on the matter. Just expressing my opinion.
              Do you think atheists with dyslexia and insomnia lay awake at night wondering if there really is a doG? :think:

Comment

Originally posted by storm_rider_71 View Post
                I heard once that the majority of items on ebay are 50% stolen, 35% fake, and 15% legit.
                CRRRAAAPPP!!! I must have like 15 stolen guitars then.

Comment

I have a Jackson thats natural wood in color, the neck has kind of a fat feel to it, it has a nice girth. Its 24 fret so its a little longer than most. The wood its made from seems like a real hard wood. Im having problems figuring out what model it is. The serial number is on a blank neck plate and says only CP3N15? Anyone know what model this is or when it was made?
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Link, If pic not seen
                    Pics would help, until then check some catalogs at audiozone.dk.
                    As seen above, Jackson Fusion SX has a lower horn cutaway (or whatever that feature is called), that and the short scale is an instant giveaway of it being a Jackson Fusion.
                    cheers
                    Last edited by gabor; 12-28-2010, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                      I have a Jackson thats natural wood in color, the neck has kind of a fat feel to it, it has a nice girth. Its 24 fret so its a little longer than most. The wood its made from seems like a real hard wood. Im having problems figuring out what model it is. The serial number is on a blank neck plate and says only CP3N15? Anyone know what model this is or when it was made?
                      :ROTF:
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                        Please don't post pics, that would help.
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Thats what i have got....mine is in Black. Cheers Gabor.

Comment

I have the distinct privilege of owning the FIRST Charvel strat ever made from 1976 that was built in their garage before they actually had a building with employees.. The serial is BSX-0001 denoting the prototype unit that launched the company into 1980's stardom. I have no pics but I can tell you how much I paid for it if you like.

you do realize if you were on talkbass.com and asked for info with no pictures, they would BAN your IP address and laugh you off the forum....these folks here are a lot more tolerant.

your first post was 5 days ago and still no pics?
                            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                              The serial is BSX-0001
                              Not THE Bull Shit Xtreme-0001 Charvel, is it?! Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                              X