X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Jackson!

I bought my Jackson from GC in 1986.
    I have know idea what the model it is.
    Serial # 1244. It came with 1 humbucker and 1 volume knob. Floyd Rose. If anyone could help, I'd love to know!!:think::think:

*sigh*

Any pics?
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Without pics, it's an Esteban.

Comment

Pics

Comment

It's a custom Jackson. I'm assuming it's a bolt-on strat shape, or possibly a dinky (smaller body, more Soloist-like shape) from what you've posted. They made a few bolt-ons with other shapes, but I think you would've mentioned it. The model name would just be "Jackson Strat" or "Jackson Dinky". The serial # makes it a true San Dimas, from before they moved to the Ontario plant.
          Last edited by dg; 12-26-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            It's a custom Jackson.
            +1. All Jacksons were custom-made up to '89. Some guitar shops would order a few to show on their floor and sell out right to customers, but those orders had to be placed just like customers ordering their own thru the dealer. So there weren't production model name references like Dinky, SL1. There were usually referred by body shape, bolt-on vs neckthru, and dot inlays vs sharkies. So, if it's a bolt-on neck, dg's speculation is spot on.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

The serial number indicates its a San Dimas Jackson.
              Super strat would be the larger rounded strat shape A Dinky body has more square body contours and is a bit smaller in overall size.
              I have #1499 which is an 86 the last SD Jackson bolt on is # 1501.
              Last edited by straycat; 12-26-2010, 11:32 PM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Love the Snoopy Strat!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Love the Snoopy Strat!!
                  LOL!! That is the full page of the Sunday Comics from whatever newspaper!!..I see Garfield ..Snoopy..and Beetle Bailey...Reminds me of being a kid and reading the Cape Cod Times Sunday paper back then!!
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                    *sigh*

Any pics?
                    Newbies don't get to say "sigh"
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X