Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit

Comment

Oh and i don't know for France, but holland also throws in an added customs tax (before VAT, after S/H) on different goods
      (electric/clothing/cars/furniture all have different values added if applicable)
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I looked into this a while ago from a UK perspective - by the time you took into account the exchange rate, VAT (17.5% now going up to 20%), and import duty (4%) you'd actually be paying more than buying it from an Eu dealer.

Not sure where you are, but if UK try PJ's Guitar Centre or Guitar Guitar as they get USA Jacksons in regularly.

Comment

Import duty was 3.7% last time I checked :dunno: I won't buy from EU stores. They just never have what I want.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by darrellm View Post
            Not sure where you are, but if UK
            Post # 10:
            Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
            Jacksons are so damn to find in this fuckin lame country named France
            Also mentioned in Post # 17 (right above yours)
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well in Europe to get things easily there's Thomann, they had the KE2 EDS until a few weeks ago, now they don't have it anymore. And I'm not willing to pay the equivalent to $4200 for this guitar if taking it from another dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                VAT goes upto 20% as of January 1st
                ... get saving now. I worked overtime 25th right thru to 28th December, just so I can buy decent gear February or March.
                January 4th, you silly billy. Glad you worked that overtime, this country needs more of your tax! Incidentally, does that mean you worked from 25th to the 28th without a break, or do you mean you did 4 whole sessions of overtime, which, let's face it isn't exactly breaking your back for Mr Murdoch, is it? If it's the former, did they install a little potty by your desk so you could poo and answer calls?
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                  January 4th, you silly billy. Glad you worked that overtime, this country needs more of your tax! Incidentally, does that mean you worked from 25th to the 28th without a break, or do you mean you did 4 whole sessions of overtime, which, let's face it isn't exactly breaking your back for Mr Murdoch, is it? If it's the former, did they install a little potty by your desk so you could poo and answer calls?

Best jerk comment of 2011 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                    A potty is a luxury, they won't provide that
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by darrellm View Post
                      I looked into this a while ago from a UK perspective - by the time you took into account the exchange rate, VAT (17.5% now going up to 20%), and import duty (4%) you'd actually be paying more than buying it from an Eu dealer.

Not sure where you are, but if UK try PJ's Guitar Centre or Guitar Guitar as they get USA Jacksons in regularly.
                      not if you get the seller to declare the item as a gift and low ball the value for the 'ol customs jack-offs!!
                      Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
                        not if you get the seller to declare the item as a gift and low ball the value for the 'ol customs jack-offs!!
                        Not all of them are lazy and stupid, try to find a dealer willing to commit international taxfraud
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

yeah, sad but true

Comment

like, these days, with the crisis and all, the customs dudes are actually doing their job. you risk losing ur guitar and a hefty fine to boot. if you are cheaper going to a local dealer, do it. at least you have a warranty (which u'll prolly never need anyway) and alot less to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                            X