JCF members' Jacksons in Action!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post
    I won one of the "Ultimate Shredder" contests that they had last year. I personally didn't consider what I did "shred" but Russ said he liked the solo... so I got a free trip to Vegas for Wifey and Me. Of course in typical Steel Panther fashion they told me next time I come not to bring my wife because it was like bringing sand to the beach. She laughed... so all was well. LOL

For those of you who doubt the musicianship of these guys... don't. They are super guys who love classic metal and they can play ANYTHING. They asked me to pick the set list for pete's sake. I got to play Death to All But Metal with my solo and we did Panama... because when you are on stage with most of the old "Atomic Punks" its a no brainer! Anyone who says they "suck" isn't listening or watching for that matter. My guess is that they can't get over the "image".. but my money is on those same people thinking nothing is wrong with Slipknot doing something similar.
    Thats a great story! Death to All But Metal is my favorite Steel Panther song
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

• that's defintely a cool story. Congrats
      Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
      Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
      Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

• Guitarzan_josh, I was listening to Steel Panther when I found your story. That is great!

Comment

• Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
          Cool shots and cool guitars Keith!

Here are a couple shots from yesterday's outdoor gig featuring the Mike Learn painted San Dimas Rhoads:

I really like the fact that you use your Rhoads Marshall! That's a really cool amp! Is that a Gibson Rhoads LP in that guitar stand as well or one you've modified?

Comment

• Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
            I really like the fact that you use your Rhoads Marshall! That's a really cool amp! Is that a Gibson Rhoads LP in that guitar stand as well or one you've modified?

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
              The Rhoads amp is sometimes a handful to deal with. Not so much so outdoors but some indoor clubs due to the tight spaces. Standing close to that amp is hard to keep it from feeding back. What is not visible in that picture is the Faustine Phantom attenuator behind the amp The attenuator is the key to using it live.

Yep, I have a Rhoads sig Les Paul but it stays home. The one I use live is an actual 74
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

• url=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/][/URL]
                Here is a shot of me from Friday night with my Green Flame Warrior. I also brought my HR Flame RR1T. I was playing with my band 32 Headshots. Damn what a fun night.
                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

• One more with the Warrior in action...
                  H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

• I wouldn't say this is a Jackson in action, but it's a Jackson in...comedy?

I posted this photo earlier in the thread, but it was removed due to me changing the "album" that it was in on Photobucket.

Yeah, my mom was sleeping, and I took full advantage of the opportunity to get a crazy pic. She woke up as the photo was being taken, mumbling, "Daniel, what are you doing," or something to that effect.

This one was snapped 2 days after I got my Warrior.

Comment

• couple I found with the KV1

and the dinky, which will soon be made into a king v

Comment

• Originally posted by Grahf View Post
                        and the dinky, which will soon be made into a king v
                        Is that a snakeskin??..have you any other shots of it? you're not going
                        to hack that into a king V shape surely?

Comment

• Steel Panther is pretty cool. I like the whole dumb 80's rock band thing the have going. Russ is an amazing guitarist. He used to instruct at GIT when Paul Gilbert was there.

Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post
                          I won one of the "Ultimate Shredder" contests that they had last year. I personally didn't consider what I did "shred" but Russ said he liked the solo... so I got a free trip to Vegas for Wifey and Me. Of course in typical Steel Panther fashion they told me next time I come not to bring my wife because it was like bringing sand to the beach. She laughed... so all was well. LOL

For those of you who doubt the musicianship of these guys... don't. They are super guys who love classic metal and they can play ANYTHING. They asked me to pick the set list for pete's sake. I got to play Death to All But Metal with my solo and we did Panama... because when you are on stage with most of the old "Atomic Punks" its a no brainer! Anyone who says they "suck" isn't listening or watching for that matter. My guess is that they can't get over the "image".. but my money is on those same people thinking nothing is wrong with Slipknot doing something similar.
                          Charvel Style 2 2H San Dimas
                          Charvel Predator (Rainbow Crackle)
                          Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
                          Jackson Soloist XL Professional
                          Jackson KE3 Professional
                          Jackson DK2 (Eerie Dess)
                          Jackson DKMG
                          Jackson DX10D Holoflash
                          Jackson JS30DK
                          Jackson JS30DKT
                          Kramer Focus Flip-flop pink
                          Digitech GNX 4
                          Randall Half Stack

Comment

• Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post
                            and a vid of me butchering one of me solos recording with my USA Bolted steel Warrior

MOSHON
                            DAVE
                            Holy crap Dave, that's brilliant, and tasteful, playing. It'd make me want to practice more or, as others have said, burn all my guitars. Is there any place where I can buy/hear more of your stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                              Is that a snakeskin??..have you any other shots of it? you're not going
                              to hack that into a king V shape surely?
                              nope it's not a real snakeskin. It's a DK2M neck on an old charvel body that someone painted snakeskin with the fishnet technique. it looks pretty neat, but up close it doesn't really look like snakeskin.

anyway, I was just gonna put the neck+ all the hardware on a King V body

Comment

• Grahf = Cousin Itt
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X