Original Floyd Rose vs. DigiTech Whammy Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Floyd Rose vs. DigiTech Whammy Pedal

I have been thinking about getting KE2 Kelly w/ O.F.R. but then I saw the KE2Ts up on OSG and it got me thinking. I only have a few songs that I will be using the Floyd on, so I was thinking should I really go though having to set up a Floyd every month when I change my strings just to use it maybe 3 times in the entire set list (12 songs). Would the DigiTech Whammy Pedal's Dive Bomb setting do it just as good? I mean I'm NOT doing anything crazy with the Floyd. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Nek

Re: Original Floyd Rose vs. DigiTech Whammy Pedal

I don't think that would work well. Maybe you could learn some "fake" bar tricks like Jake and Zakk use. That would be cheaper thats for sure. plus playing live it would look very cool.
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by skidd:
      I don't think that would work well. Maybe you could learn some "fake" bar tricks like Jake and Zakk use. That would be cheaper thats for sure. plus playing live it would look very cool.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks skidd
      Now, what are these "fake" bar tricks that you speak of?
      Anybody else got any ideas? thought?
      thanks

Nek

Comment

I've got a Digitech XP100 whammy/wah, and that's got the same features as the whammy pedal... works well for divebomb tricks. Though, if you just want to use your guitar for "fake" whammy tricks, detuning your tuner while playing, then quickly tuning it back up to pitch (think Jake on the song Bark At The Moon) or pushing the strings down behind the nut (Jake on Shot In The Dark) are two tricks that work well.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I remember when John Norum played with Dokken...not a Floyd or even a trem in sight! He used the DigiTech to simulate some of Lynch´s Floyd-antics, and although I haven´t heard it myself I´ve been told it sounded OK. It´ll probably work for you, as well.

But of course...nothing beats the real deal.

[ July 13, 2003, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Dave L ]

Comment

[/QUOTE]Thanks skidd
            Now, what are these "fake" bar tricks that you speak of?
            Anybody else got any ideas? thought?
            thanks

Nek [/QB][/QUOTE]

Here's one of Zakk's tricks:

"Zakk’s trick, which also requires that he cross his hands on the fretboard, mimics the sound of a fast trill (a rapidly repeated series of hammer-ons and pull-offs) being dive-bombed with a whammy bar"

see the following link for more info:

Booze Brothers, lesson 2

Comment

Working...
            X