serial number dosent match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serial number dosent match

Hi everyone. I found a soloist in the pawn shop with the serial number 003658 at the last fret. its a neckthru with 24 frets jackson tuners and a floidrose trem there is a humbucker in the bridge with two stacked single coils in the neck and middle. this guitar needs serious action adjustment but otherwise is in very nice shape for 300 bucks.

the problem I have is the serial number does not show up on the jackson web site. Is this the real thing?

It sounds like this guitar is an import, probably MIJ (made in Japan). The Jackson site doesn't have any info on import serial numbers. For $300 for a neck through w/ a Floyd Rose it sounds like a good deal.

Comment

I agree with Sharkfin 300 bones for a soloist is an awesome deal. Once it's set up it'll play like butter.
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Pics so we can ID it, GTWGITS
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Grab it! For $300 bucks, I would have not left without it.

Comment

Could it have been U03658? Did it have MADE IN USA on the headstock? Don't recall MIJ Soloists getting a Floyd Rose trem,thought they'd be a Jackson licensed trem. But ya would be a good score for $300.
            You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Whoops sorry its a jackson licensed. I can't get photobucket to work so here is a link to the pics

Last edited by corpse-juice; 01-06-2011, 12:27 PM. Reason: photo didnt show

Comment

That's an import but I can't say which country it's from. However my guess is Japan.

Comment

that appears to be an SL3. MIJ. it's a good guitar, especially for $300!!!!!
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That stamp looks suspect to me but the guitar is def japanese.
                    Haters gonna hate
                    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Yep... that's an SL3.
                      My guess is it was made somewhere between 2003 and 2005.
                      Real Duncans but a licensed trem. (In 2006 they switched to using a real Floyd Rose)
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                        That stamp looks suspect to me but the guitar is def japanese.
                        How does the stamp look suspect? I'm curious.

Comment

ouch cracked body loose trem mount. What do you think some wood glue or is there something better I can do?

Comment

The only thing I can think is its the picture angle and the fact I havent seen an import in a while with a board stamp. But to me the numbers looked too close together and descending at a slight angle. I am sure its just me and not the guitar though. The last import I looked at was a professional series and the numbers were spaced out quite like all my USA's

And to the OPR. I would fill with wood putty the skim a layer of glue 3 or 4 times. If you skim outward I would think you would get more strength?? That or do a thin veneer over the crack to bridge and brace? Never had to deal with that before.
                            Haters gonna hate
                            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

yeah sorry that pic is terrible ill see if I can get a better one.

its a very thin crack.
                              Last edited by corpse-juice; 01-07-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X