Strange japanese Collen Archtop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange japanese Collen Archtop?

Has anyone seen one of these? Is this perhaps some special edition made exclusively for the japanese market, like the silversparkle PC with the reversed headstock? I´ve never seen anything like it, in any case.
    http://www2.blocket.se/view/1313266.htm?l=0

Re: Strange japanese Collen Archtop?

Humm. Looks like just a burst paint job. They did make a line over there, some with Grover Jackson on the headstock, and some without. Can anyone read what it says?

Brooks
    www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

As far as I can see it just says Jackson Professional, with Phils sig on the trussrodcover.

I´ve mailed the seller for some more detailed info. The ad just states it was a special order from Japan, and that it is made out of mahogany. He´s asking about $1100 for it, which is a but too much imho. It´s probably a killer guitar, but I don´t know if I´d pay that kind of money for an import.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that one too! It look's killer...

Unfortunately I don't have any money, but I'm gonna start working tomorrow and I'll hopefully get enough money to buy 'meself a(nother) Jackson!

Comment

If I can talk the price down a bit, and everything checks out OK regarding condition and such, this one will make a nice pair with my pearl-white Players choice Collen.

Comment

Awesome find Dave...keep us posted if you buy it or not!
            Geez, I would really like to know how many Japanese Arch Tops were made in all???

Brian

Comment

hey dave l,

just wondering what # you got. i got #35. pretty much stock except for the duncan custom i got in the bridge. they are great guitars.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

He wouldn´t come down to less than 9000 swedish, which is about $1000. A bit too pricey, but we´ll see...I want it bad [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The problem is that I can´t afford it unless I sell my orange/gold Ontario Soloist...which I really don´t want to do. Ah, GAS is killing me! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The serialnumber is J101281, but I don´t have a clue regarding import-serialnumbers. Can anything be read out from this? Year of production, perhaps?

My Archtop is PCS no.54, and it´s stock all the way. I tried it out with some old non-logo Duncans I´ve ripped from a couple of older Kramers, but it sounds absolutely awesome with the Jackson pickup...so it went right back in. It´s my number one player at the moment.

I don´t think they made all that many japanese Archtops...as I recall they were damn expensive for an import and didn´t sell all that well. But I really don´t have a clue...Brooks? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 15, 2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Dave L ]

Comment

I have a white Pro series Collen and the serial is J100186, if that's any help! It really is a fantastic guitar, the equivilent of the current select series IMHO.......
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Dont know how many Japan ones were made. But considering that they only made 72 USA ones (not including the customs and PCS numbers), I assume there are less then that for the Japan line. I have only seen a handfull of the Japan ones over the past few years.....

Brooks

Comment

So you´re saying that they made less PC´s in Japan than in the USA, Brooks? I didn´t see that one coming...I knew they made few, but I couldn´t imagine there were less than 72. Hey, suddenly this one looks even more tempting [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I kind of thought there weren't that many Japan models, too. So, that doesn't surpise me at all. Jackson just needs to start making them again! I don't really think I want to blow $3,500 on a Custom Shop one either!
                        Brian

Comment

No one really seems to know how many were made in Japan it seems. Its just that I dont know of that many out there. The people that contact me have the USA's for my site. But thats not saying 1 person bought 300 Japan models and does not have the internet <shrug>.

Brooks

Comment

Working...
                          X