Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some pickup help for a Charvel Spectrum. single coil size humbucker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some pickup help for a Charvel Spectrum. single coil size humbucker.

I am looking to replace a J200 in the bridge of a charvel spectrum. whats the best way to go about this? I am sure others have done it before. I know Sully did and he he said he had to modify a Duncan Hot rails to fit in there. Kepe in mind those are tight routs on the guitar and NO room for the pickup wire to come out the side of the pickup like they do on a hot rails. Its got to be a skinny pickup, no triangular base plate on it.

Any ideas?? thanks in advance!!!!
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

I have little 59's in the neck of both a Model 6 and a Soloist Pro. The wire comes out the middle but all you have to do is take a small file and make a notch under the wire and push it out the bottom. Fits fine. May have to slightly touch the ends to fit in the route depending on how thick the paint is.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Cool!!! thats what I was looking for! thanks!

Comment

Route it out for a real pickup and be done with it!
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
          I have little 59's in the neck of both a Model 6 and a Soloist Pro. The wire comes out the middle but all you have to do is take a small file and make a notch under the wire and push it out the bottom. Fits fine. May have to slightly touch the ends to fit in the route depending on how thick the paint is.
          I've used a dremel to cut a small channel as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            LOL! I put these (J200's) in my Model 6 and with the JE1200, they sound fine to me.

I know I know, I don't know jack shit about what a good single should sound like

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              I know I know, I don't know jack shit about what a good single should sound like
              As long as you admit it.

-------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

My 2 favorites are the JB jr. and lil screamin demon, both kick ass. I like the cool rails in the neck.
                Gonna have to modify the cavity just a pinch to fit the wire.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  No sir, I have plenty of real hum gutiars, part of the charm of the spectrum is the 3 singles, I just want a beefier sound.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    No sir, I have plenty of real hum gutiars, part of the charm of the spectrum is the 3 singles, I just want a beefier sound.
                    +1
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                    X