Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ID this Jackson with a reverse strat head.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID this Jackson with a reverse strat head.

Found this Jackson on my local Craigslist. This is the only pic he had. Have any of you Jackson experts ever seen this Jackson before? It looks like it has a reverse Strat headstock and a maple fretboard. Don't know if it's MIA or MIJ. The description is very scetchy. Thanks.
    Fender Stratocaster HRR50's Sunburst MIJ
    Fender Stratocaster HRR60's Fotoflame Crimson MIJ
    Jackson Dinky DK2M Burnt Orange Limited Run

Rev strathead Jacksons are around, but they're fucking rare. Without more pics, it's impossible to say if it's a fake or not, unless someone here knows the actual guitar...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks, I've never seen one with a reverse strat headstock. I searched the online Jackson catalogs, and I couldn't find it anywhere. Hopefully someone can ID.

Comment

That logo looks poorly painted on with whiteout
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's the new what-should've-been Phil Collen signature.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

The image quality is very smudgy but shouldn't there be a (TM) or (R) above the logo?

Comment

Headstock shape looks like a squier to me but from that angle it is tough to tell for sure. Very suspect that there are no more photos available.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                Headstock shape looks like a squier to me but from that angle it is tough to tell for sure. Very suspect that there are no more photos available.
                You're right, it does look like a squier stagemaster from that angle....Well this guy has it listed as a Jackson...I asked him to send me more pics, so we'll see if it's actually a squier. I was up late last night searching the web for a photo of a Jackson that resembled this one, and so far there's no sign that a Jackson with a reverse strat head with a maple neck ever existed.

Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Theres a bunch of black bleed over the edge of that headstock look closely looks repainted.
                  Haters gonna hate
                  Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

End of Thread

Well this guy never got back to me, but I think from the different details you guys found in the pics, I can say it's a fake.

Wish he would've returned my email, I might have made him an offer anyway...

Comment

This guy just listed it on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Dinky-ge...item3f06be23ed

It's actually a cool looking guitar. I would love to have something like this with better pick ups and jumbo frets instead.

Comment

OK, he admits it's a home-made mutt now, so kudos for his honesty I guess...
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Mutt big time.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

$250 is pretty ambitious for a mutt with 1/16" gap in the neck pocket.

Comment

Yeah parts for sure. Thats a Fender or fender replacement neck (rounded edges at the end of the board, Jackson neck would be squared off.) and the logo is too big for the reverse strat head logo. hey use the smaller logo on reverse heads.
                              Arent all MIJ plates recessed? these are surface mounted. probably a JS30 body thats why its heavy.
                              Gil
                              Last edited by JACKSONFREAK; 01-23-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X