Duncan pickup ID question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan pickup ID question...

I was taking the pickups out of a KV I just picked up on ebay and I'm having a little trouble nailing down just what they are. The bridge was tagged TB5L, which I think is a Custom ? The neck was supposed to be a Jazz but the label says JBL, and I wouldn't think it was a JB, but I don't know. The TB5L is logoed and the JBL is non logoed. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Duncan pickup ID question...

I believe that's a JB. JB is for the model and the L is the initial of the person who made it. I think the non-logoed JB I took out of my '95 Hamer had the same exact thing written on it as yours.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

No prob!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          I believe that's a JB. JB is for the model and the L is the initial of the person who made it. I think the non-logoed JB I took out of my '95 Hamer had the same exact thing written on it as yours.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have also taken a JB out of a guitar I own that was labeled the same way. I’ve always wondered what the L means.

Comment

TB5L is a Custom Trembucker.

Comment

Was it a Mustaine KV1? That would be the standard pickup configuration - Custom in the bridge and JB in the neck. Don't ask me why, though...

Mike
              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Yeah. Mustaine KV-1 '97 model. I have had several of these from various years and I'm amazed at how many differences there are in each from year to year. So far, the only thing that has been consistent is the Kahler (which is one of the reasons I love the guitar).

Comment

Working...
                X