resonant body charvel 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resonant body charvel 6

I have an ibanez ghostrider rg320,a dk2 jackson(i think),esph1000,and my charvel model6.
    When i play the charvel the strings seem to resonate through the body 100% more than the others. They almost kind of "sing" through the body. Noone else really notices but to anyone thats been playing for a long time its night and day from the other guitars,has anyone else noticed this?

I believe that is the neck-thru effect... Subject of much debate...
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I have a Model 6 that does that. And an SL2H that does that, and an HM Strat that does that, also 6 Les Pauls that do that, 2 SGs that do that, a 1980's ESP Horizon....

I think it's called "picking a good one"

Comment

I think it has more to do with recessed trem compared to nonrecessed/tom bridges.

Comment

I agree with DonP

Comment

My ibanez gr320 is an amazing neck thru guitar and it doent do it,maybe the charvel is that much better though

Comment

Every tree is different, every piece of wood is different. Some wood is better than others.

What year is your Ibenhad GR320? Is it made in Japan?

The Model 6 is made in Japan and was fairly new when it came out. New meaning there were next to no Neck Thru guitars in the late 80s. People took care to choose the best pieces of wood when making these.

Modern stuff is much more cost cutting, and good wood is a lot harder to find. USA's still have good wood (Jackson / Charvel / Gibson / Fender). Japan still uses good stuff. But when you start going down the chain to Korea, China, India, Indonesia, people expect that these are cheap guitars so cheaper wood is used. This isn't to say that cheaper wood isn't good. Go back and read my first line.
              Last edited by DonP; 01-14-2011, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X