Should I jump on this deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I jump on this deal?

So my "ultimate" goal in guitar gear would be to own a KV2, specifically a white w/ black bevelled KV2. Usually every day I check local and forum classifieds to see what's for sale, and I've only seen a KV2 once or twice (locally), but never the right price. I just found one for $1000 locally and called the guy with my interest. However, this could not have come at a worse time, I just spent all my money on Christmas, and I have a phone bill coming up. I make my money slowly (I'm a student), so I'd have to borrow $750 and slowly pay it off. I've done it before with good results, but it just means that I can't buy stuff for quite a while, and theres a lot of stuff I kind of want now.

The condition is pretty beat, so should I jump on it? Here's some pics, let me know if $1000CDN is a good price. It's also got stainless steel frets if that adds something. The finish is the bolted steel one.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Adam SE; 01-14-2011, 09:42 PM.

I'd say at the moment, 1k for that is too much. The damage on the neck alone would stop me...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I agree with Neilli....from the condition I would hold off also. Just wait Dude....another will come your way & the time & money will be right! Best Of Luck!
      *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
      *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
      *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
      Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
      *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
      *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
      *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
      *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

overpriced for that damage IMO
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Yep too much for that one.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Offer $700
            This space for rent

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate it. Something to bear in mind, I don't normally see USA Jacksons for sale in my local classifieds, and when I do they're always at least $1200. Also, KV2's at my guitar store are over $2000 (and they have to be ordered, they don't have them in stock).

I initially offered $900 and he came back at $1000 so I can't go any lower. I guess I'll take a pass on this one and keep waiting.

Comment

I would pass all together, hold out for your dream V, when you find it, it will make it that much sweeter!! I honestly wouldn't pay 500 for that guitar... prices are coming way down. A few months ago, I bought on this very forum a 9/10 Custom Shop Soloist 3/4" quilt archtop mahogany body and neck, golg hardware for.... wait for it..... $1300 from Matt... hold out and you'll find the one you've been waiting for... god I sound like some Grandma talking about a my grandsons virginity lolz...
                Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

If you're interested in a KV2 I'd say specify all of the damage it has on it, and get back at him with a much lower offer. If he declines, oh well, if not, then you'll have something to refinish in white/black bevels.

*Edit: Since I'm the only one who thinks you should get it, I do mean offer him substantially less*
                  Last edited by MetalHeadMat; 01-15-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

pass.
                    You will find one in better shape for that kind of money.

Comment

I could live with dings anywhere on a guitar but the neck. I couldn't play that without a refin on the neck so add say $400 to the actual 'cost' of that guitar.

I know it's hard to do when there is lots of stuff you want, but your best bet is to save up until you have $1200-1400 and then troll the classifieds until someone posts a mint one and then jump on it.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hey, check out the Candy apple green KV2 in the classified forums, he's looking for $1300 shipped right now, its a discontinued color, minty. PS I don't know the guy or anything, just trying to help you guys out considering your dream is a KV2, and he's selling a primo KV2.
                        http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/114627-2008-KV2-in-candy-apple-green.
                        Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Working...
                        X