so does that mean??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so does that mean??

Now see, THAT is how the Shattered Glass graphic is supposed to look - the one they use now is too Comic-Bookish.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
      Now see, THAT is how the Shattered Glass graphic is supposed to look - the one they use now is too Comic-Bookish.

Newc
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree! The new version looks too cheesey and cartoonish.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

mine was done by klein at the same time he did zakk's les paul...no yellow outlines...d.m.

and she's a crackle over a purple burst...really strange looking in person...

[ July 14, 2003, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: diablomozart ]
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Speaking of Jake models... his ESP models had a 24.75" scale, frets 1-12 were jumbo (or maybe even extra jumbo) and frets 13-22 were smaller/medium jumbo. Anyone know if any of his Charvels or Fender were like this? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

not that i've heard...would be cool to know...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              Speaking of Jake models... his ESP models had a 24.75" scale, frets 1-12 were jumbo (or maybe even extra jumbo) and frets 13-22 were smaller/medium jumbo. Anyone know if any of his Charvels or Fender were like this? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No not that I'm aware. 1st off his guitars were regular 25.5 scale ..As far as frets I've ever seen any mention of 2 different fret sizes other than his esp models. Mike Shannon built the jake charvel I have and it was supposed to be to the same specs as the originals. Ralph E owns Jakes natural also and that was the same ...

[ July 14, 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Speaking of Jake's guitars...Does anyone here have a GWM Jake replica (the one thats white with the black pickguard)? If so how is it? Becuase i've been droolin' over those! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Before the 90's, Fender only made three different guitar scales. 25 1/2", 24", and 22 1/2". Strats only came in 25 1/2". The only exception was a 24" 'short scale' Strat made in Japan from 1989-1994.

Comment

Originally posted by john:
                    Speaking of Jake's guitars...Does anyone here have a GWM Jake replica (the one thats white with the black pickguard)? If so how is it? Becuase i've been droolin' over those! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">heh...i can make ya one... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

and kev, the jake esp model was a short scale.

sully

[ July 14, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                      Before the 90's, Fender only made three different guitar scales. 25 1/2", 24", and 22 1/2". Strats only came in 25 1/2". The only exception was a 24" 'short scale' Strat made in Japan from 1989-1994.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The HM Strat series were 24fret 25" scale guitars...

Comment

Thanks for the info! Kev, Jake's ESPs were definitely 24.75". He also really liked his Gibson SG, so maybe he preferred the shorter scale?

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart:
                          i gotta admit...i'm a strat head freak too...but a lot of that is because of how they play...wouldn't it be cool to have that original style neck even if it has a pointy headstock
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Absolutely! I don't own any original stratheads, but I definitely remember the different feel. Personally, I prefer the pointy profile, but it'd be cool to have both. And, yes, I'd buy both.

Hadn't thought of using both profiles with pointy heads, though. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I'd love it, but it wouldn't be particularly "original". And that'd be a turnoff for some folks. Cool stuff nonetheless, though. Thanks DM!

Comment

Working...
                          X