Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Anyone Identify This Jackson For Me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Identify This Jackson For Me??

Hello. I have this Jackson guitar, and I need some information about it. I was told it's a 1985 Adrian Smith, but I'm not a 110% sure. I have attached a few photos. If anyone can tell me a little about this guitar, it would be much appreciated. The serial number is 9696154. Also, if anyone has any info about possible value of this guitar, that would be great.

Not a Jackson neck.

Not a Jackson body.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

It looks like...could it really be...*gasp*...Jake's original white Charvel???? ZOMG!!!

Comment

Okay, what does this mean? Any idea on what I got here? It's in nice shape, but I don't know much about Jackson's. I'm an Alvarez guy.

Comment

This means you are going to need a bigger wallet to hold all the cash. Also, don't be surprised if the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tries to contact you.

Comment

Its probably an aftermarket neck - you can note that the floyd nut overhangs the shelf, which is a pretty clear indication that the neck was not manufactured for a Floyd nut. Could be from any number of suppliers - Allparts, Warmoth, Schecter - depending on age.

Body could be anything. Squier, Fender, Allparts, plywood, who knows? Again - you gotta tear it down and shoot some pics of the guts if you want to identify it.

Like I said - the body and neck are not Charvel/Jackson.
            Blank yo!

Comment

Am I sensing a little sarcasm?

Comment

Thanks, Grandturk. I will try to get more picture for you. Basically, what you're saying is, it's Frankenstein?

Comment

It could be a decent guitar - looks like a legit Floyd Rose, some Jackson parts (Jackson branded Gotoh tuners). It's just not a 1985 Jackson Adrian Smith - first of all - THERES NO SUCH THING. Second, the neck and body are not Jackson built - you can tell by looking at them.

But overall - somebody using good parts and care could be putting out $800 - $1200 building it today.
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    It looks like...could it really be...*gasp*...Jake's original white Charvel???? ZOMG!!!
                    Which was a Fender anyway!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Body shape & contours are wrong for Jackson. Rounded fretboard end is wrong for any Jackson/Charvel 22-fret neck, as are the heel shape and volute area back of the neck where the headstock starts. Those headstock decals aren't hard to come by. What exactly does the neckplate have on it besides the serial number?

The sarcasm probably stems from the fact that you're most likely looking for info as a seller. I'm for people getting accurate info no matter what, so buyers don't get hosed.

Comment

If you had to guess now, what you price it at?

Comment

Originally posted by motorcitypawn View Post
                          Am I sensing a little sarcasm?
                          No.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

$400
                            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by motorcitypawn View Post
                              If you had to guess now, what you price it at?
                              Realistically - without knowing what it's made out of - $120 - that being for the Floyd and tuners.
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X