Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Anyone Identify This Jackson For Me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motorcitypawn View Post
    If you had to guess now, what you price it at?
    I wouldn't be able to make a good guess without trying to figure out what the body & neck are. There may be marks in the neck pocket, in the trem cavity, and on the neck heel to help find out. If it's Warmoth or another good USA supplier like GT mentioned, it could be worth over $500, but if it's Mighty Mite or some other low-end import stuff, then much less.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      Body shape & contours are wrong for Jackson. Rounded fretboard end is wrong for any Jackson/Charvel 22-fret neck, as are the heel shape and volute area back of the neck where the headstock starts. Those headstock decals aren't hard to come by. What exactly does the neckplate have on it besides the serial number?

The sarcasm probably stems from the fact that you're most likely looking for info as a seller. I'm for people getting accurate info no matter what, so buyers don't get hosed.
      Yes, I'm trying to sell this. I work for a pawn shop, and was curious to know what price I should list it at.

Comment

Yes, I'm trying to sell this. I work for a pawn shop, and was curious to know what price I should list it at.
        It's a mutt. It will never be worth more than the sum of its parts unless a big time name assembled it or a big time name played it.

It would behoove you to tear the whole thing down and see what you've got. Many manufacturers stamp their name in the neck pocket of the body and on the heel of the neck - check those out. Even if they are Warmoth parts - and I don't know that they are - maybe you get between $100-$150 each out of the neck and the body.

If the pickups are name brand - they look like Dimarzios, but if they are, the baseplates will have the Dimarzio hallmark stamped into them.

It looks like an 80's Floyd - that's good news.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I've taken a few more picture for you all.

Comment

Definately a Warmoth neck - I don't know anyone else that does the side adjust truss rod (anyone? anyone? Bueller?)

Body might be Warmoth as well - but I don't think so based on the forearm contour - Warmoth bodies are closer to 70's Fenders IME.

Looks like an import Jackson neck plate - serial numbers on these are generally meaningless - correct me if I'm wrong, Ron.

The pickups LOOK like Dimarzio - I don't know anyone else that uses those satin bobbins and brass baseplate. As to what model exactly - couldn't tell - Tone Zone, PAF, something like that.

And its definately an 80's black Floyd Rose - you can tell because later versions don't lose their black on the fine tuners.

So now - parts wise - you've got:

Neck - Warmoth - $120 - $200
            Floyd - $80 - $120
            Dimarzios - $40 each - $80 pair
            Tuners - $10-$15
            Blank yo!

Comment

Yes. I can identify it. its a guitar. used to make musical sounds by the vibration of strings.

OKay okay!!! I know....
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Definately a Warmoth neck - I don't know anyone else that does the side adjust truss rod (anyone? anyone? Bueller?)

Body might be Warmoth as well - but I don't think so based on the forearm contour - Warmoth bodies are closer to 70's Fenders IME.

Looks like an import Jackson neck plate - serial numbers on these are generally meaningless - correct me if I'm wrong, Ron.

The pickups LOOK like Dimarzio - I don't know anyone else that uses those satin bobbins and brass baseplate. As to what model exactly - couldn't tell - Tone Zone, PAF, something like that.

And its definately an 80's black Floyd Rose - you can tell because later versions don't lose their black on the fine tuners.

So now - parts wise - you've got:

Neck - Warmoth - $120 - $200
                Floyd - $80 - $120
                Dimarzios - $40 each - $80 pair
                Tuners - $10-$15
                Awesome! Thanks for the info! So, I can safely list it for $250 - $400?

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                  OKay okay!!! I know....
                  Here's a suggestion for your new Platinum Member title - "Unhelpful Motherfucker"

No wait - I'm going to use that!
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the info! So, I can safely list it for $250 - $400?
                    As long as you don't list as anything other than what it is - a mutt.

It would still help you to pop the neck off of it and see if the body has a hallmark on it. And I would pull the pickguard and confirm the model numbers of the pickups.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

HAHAHAHA!!! No worries, Grandturk. People need to laugh once a while. He gave himself a chuckle.

Comment

Here's a suggestion for your new Platinum Member title - "Unhelpful Motherfucker"

No wait - I'm going to use that!

Oh you bastard!! you giveth then taketh away. just like the department of natural resources.

Comment

I will see about taking it apart, but I doubt the boss wants me to waste more time on this thing. Thanks for all the help. We get Jackson's in here all the time, and I'll probably need more help in the future. Now I know where to go. Thanks again, peeps. Rock on.

Comment

Yo motorcity, I sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                              Oh you bastard!!
                              Don't worry - I think of one good member title a year - that means I'll have a new one for you right around the time your Silver Surfer Tranny Casper Flame Soloist is about ready for final setup and prep - 2012!
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Don't worry - I think of one good member title a year - that means I'll have a new one for you right around the time your Silver Surfer Tranny Casper Flame Soloist is about ready for final setup and prep - 2012!
                                Cool. that means I will be all set to pickup hot chicks at the blue oyster bar. see you there!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X