Randy's Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy's Guitars

ok guys, i know none of us want to think about this day, but, in your opinion, what do you think will happen w/ randy's guitars when his mom passes away? i'm not trying to be morbid in anyway, just curious to what you guys think. i think that ozzy should get one, one of them should go to the hall of fame (duh!), and i'm not sure about the other one. but, anyway, just curious as to what you think might happen w/ them!
    the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Re: Randy\'s Guitars

I dunno, I think there's a very good chance she'll outlive Ozzy though.

Comment

Either Randy's brother or Ozzy will end up with them - it depends on what Dee's Will says. If Ozzy passed away before Sharon, she'd hang onto them, but what would Ozzy's mental state be if Sharon passed on first? What if they both went together? Could those kids be trusted with them?

In the end they're just guitars. Randy's true legacy is in the recordings made with those guitars, not the wood and strings.

Although I do feel the white Jackson should go back to hang in the Jackson Custom Shop forever.

Newc

[ July 14, 2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i'm sure whomever the executor of randy's estate will keep them where they are. randy had an older sister named kathy, along with his big brother, doug.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Could those kids be trusted with them,right on Newc.................. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

They should stay in his family.
            Why the hell should Ozzy get them?
            The guy is a waste now.
            He would probably piss/**** on them thinking they were the toilet. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            His worthless kids would sell them for drugs.
            The dogs would vomit on them.
            If any of them went to Ozzy, I'd [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] .

Comment

In all honesty, you can't fault the kids - a stoner for a dad and mom's a basket case from dealing with dad as well as her own psycho dad AND lawyers and record labels [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Jeez, I'm surprised Jack and Kelly haven't offed each other yet [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              How come you never see the other daughter on the show? I saw one episode where they were showing the stones in the garden that have their names on them, and hers was blurred out [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

And while I'm sure Randy's sister and brother would definitely take great care of his guitars, would they even be seen again? Would they end up in a tomb in Switzerland for safe keeping or would either of their kids even know about them?
              Would anyone outside of the family/Ozzy ever get to see them?

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ozzy's older daughter Aimee has stated she didn't want to be a part of that fiasco...

I agree with Pulverizer. No way should anyone in the Osbourne family get them.

I believe the fair thing would be to return them to Grover and Karl, the creators of these legendary pieces...

Comment

ozzy shouldnt get them, sharon will probably sell it to make money off it, might as well give it to Lars...They should be kept in a vault, or in a safe display area imo.
                  Cheers

Comment

They could take them on a bus tour of all the Hard Rock Cafe's. They could charge a fee, sell merch etc. to raise money for kids etc.
                    www.kiddhavok.com
                    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

She could will it to be auctioned off and the proceeds going to a charity. I know that she once instituted a Scholarship fund in her sons name...

Comment

My understanding is that all of Randy's estate as well as Delores's estate, would be handled by Randy's siblings. As far as the guitars are concerned, Delores keeps them hidden in a place that very few people know about. The Polka Dot V was in the RnRHOF, but was returned to Delores at her request. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

keep it in the family. the last name is Rhoads not osbourne.
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

The only reasonable scenario imho would be that Randys siblings get them.

Comment

the polkadot v, with harpun headstock, should be given to me!
                              then i (dee, before she dies) would put it in a glas shelve, and i would keep it om my wall forever, and no one should EVER touch it, cos randy is probably the only, ever to play it, and hold it, exept from raodies ofcourse, but this isnt something that shold be thrown away to some bull**** people.

Comment

Working...
                              X