Expanded Charvel Line Possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanded Charvel Line Possibilities

I talked with the Charvel guys at NAMM. They're talking about possibly expanding the line. What would you guys like to see? For me, some things would be:

1.) Return of the "model" series on the import stuff. Pointy heads on the imports. No strat heads.
    2.) A star model in the US production line.
    3.) Chrome hardware as an option.
    4.) Run of classic graphics.(ie, HRF, Rising Sun, Bulleye, etc...)

How about you?

Production star in Japan or US or both, return of the model series with the original specs and real floyds or schallers to keep the cost down. classic graphics would be cool on a US line.
    Gil

Comment

a new model 2 would rock. i could put my 89 in a home.
      no sig.....

Comment

"A new model 2 would rock"

Hell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But with a proper Floyd (no crap paper weight JT-6 please) and a real Floyd nut as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RT1MX View Post
          I talked with the Charvel guys at NAMM. They're talking about possibly expanding the line. What would you guys like to see? For me, some things would be:

1.) Return of the "model" series on the import stuff. Pointy heads on the imports. No strat heads.
          2.) A star model in the US production line.
          3.) Chrome hardware as an option.
          4.) Run of classic graphics.(ie, HRF, Rising Sun, Bulleye, etc...)

How about you?
          All these would be cool. (don't care about the chrome...) How bout an option of pointy or strat head!?
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

There is no US Production line for Charvel anymore. But an import Star would be pretty cool. Gotta be a pointyhead, though.

I'd like to see a production Dinky, too. Preferably H-S and strathead.

Maybe some import versions of the Dimartinis?

I'd also like to see a Wild Card SoCal done up like a mod'd Strat. Maybe HS, white or pearloid pickguard, 3 tone-burst over ash with chrome hardware.

I also think they should consider doing some USA custom shop limited editions again, like they were doing before stratheads were allowed on custom shop orders. (Only without the vintage trems! LOL) Could have some real fun with a few LEs with simple graphics, bound flametops, matching headstocks, PU and hardware colors, etc. Think "wild card" models done by the custom shop. Gotta be affordable, though - priced like a USA Select Jackson, not a full-on custom shop model.

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post
              a new model 2 would rock. i could put my 89 in a home.
              I'd look for a museum because they were only made from 86-88.

As far as production Charvels, I'd actually love to see the return of the model series. Maybe add the option of either pointy or fender headstocks.
              Last edited by Tekky; 01-24-2011, 12:31 PM.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Cool ideas. What else?

Comment

Pointy Star with a Floyd, dual hum, bolt on, and please put the output in the same location as a Rhoads.. I am sure the addition of a hardtail model would be very appreciated as well...
                  Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
                    Pointy Star with a Floyd, dual hum, bolt on, and please put the output in the same location as a Rhoads.. I am sure the addition of a hardtail model would be very appreciated as well...
                    So, you're thinking a Chris Holmes vibe? Cool.

Comment

I guess the only problem with revising the "model" series line is cost effectiveness.. You can usually score a model 2 for under $400.. I HIGHLY DOUBT Fender would sell a new version even close to that price point..
                      John 3:16

Comment

Hard tail pointy star bolt on hell yes!
                        Old school graphics too.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

bring the surfcaster back!

http://www.youtube.com/dvschsa

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonluvr View Post
                            I guess the only problem with revising the "model" series line is cost effectiveness.. You can usually score a model 2 for under $400.. I HIGHLY DOUBT Fender would sell a new version even close to that price point..
                            Mexi strats are $499
                            This space for rent

Comment

Pointy Heads are cool.
                              Classic graphics are cool.
                              I would still love to see some with Vintage Trems as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X