Expanded Charvel Line Possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aceinet View Post
    I would still love to see some with Vintage Trems as well.
    Totally with you there.

Comment

Originally posted by ceedee View Post
      bring the surfcaster back!

That would be cool.

Comment

they should offer a line of chris holmes budstars at so cal prices

Comment

Originally posted by RT1MX View Post
          So, you're thinking a Chris Holmes vibe? Cool.
          Not really.. I want a star that won't leave the kids eating Spaghettios and macaroni and cheese while I wait til my Social Security kicks in before the Custom Shop is done with it..
          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

750XL models please. String thru and floyd versions.
            RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
            CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
            Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonluvr View Post
              I guess the only problem with revising the "model" series line is cost effectiveness.. You can usually score a model 2 for under $400.. I HIGHLY DOUBT Fender would sell a new version even close to that price point..
              Beat-up 25-year-old guitar compared to a new one, yeah that's a fair price comparison.

Hey, you can get a Hondo Les Paul copy for $200, how does ESP/LTD charge nearly a grand?

Comment

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
                750XL models please. String thru and floyd versions.
                This!
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  Beat-up 25-year-old guitar compared to a new one, yeah that's a fair price comparison.

Hey, you can get a Hondo Les Paul copy for $200, how does ESP/LTD charge nearly a grand?
                  Ibanez did this with the 550 and 770 reissues. While the reissues were very nice - and I mean very nice - you could go out and score near mint original examples for 1/2 the price.

I also think there's a lot of stupid design goof ups in the Model series that I would rather they do not repeat:

- Kahler and Jackon behind the nut string locks
                  - Kahler fulcrum trems and Jackson licensed Floyds
                  - Mini Switches!
                  - Jackson pickups
                  - Jackson "boosts"
                  - Gloss poly neck finishes
                  - Basswood bodies

Fix all those issues and then we're talking... about the 2005-2007 Charvel Reissue line... which sold like bricks.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

a production star with a floyd and pointy headstock would be pretty sweet

Comment

750 XL, seethru paint, and setneck and all would be cool.

Comment

I'd like to see a Japanese Production Star. But for the love of god, please move the jack location to the upper wing like on a RR1. It makes it much easier to play in a classical position while sitting down. I think a H/H makes the most sense. I'd also like to see a floyd. Classic graphics would be cool too. Kramer is releasing some of their strats this year with bull seye and bengal finishes as OEM finishes on their imports. I'd like to see Charvel do an offset bulls eye, Pink Spider Web, and diagonal red and white stripes.

Hell, Why not make a Strathead single hum explorer w/ a floyd just to stick it to Gibson for selling Kramer guitars and ripping off Charvel.

Comment

I heard a rumour from dealer while hunting down a USA Pro Mod. We may see a USA Charvel Select series of guitars. I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            Fix all those issues and then we're talking... about the 2005-2007 Charvel Reissue line... which sold like bricks.

But yeah, something in between the $899 cheapo and the "OMG WTF it's a Pro Mod but it costs $3500?!" would be a great price point to hit. About two grand.

Look, I know not everyone likes them but if Reno's can do those customs with BINDING, EBONY, SCALLOPED HEEL/HORN, and a Rhoads-style jack for $2500 and make money at it, then why does everyone else have all these $3500 "Pro Mod but from the Custom Shop" guitars?

It takes time to do all that stuff whether you like it or not, and time is money... There is the occasional "Mike Shannon" guitar and such but for the run of the mill San Dimas style guitar the pricing makes no sense to me. :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by RT1MX View Post
                              1.) Return of the "model" series on the import stuff. Pointy heads on the imports. No strat heads.
                              Why not buy a jackson then?
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X