Good Day and Info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Day and Info needed

Hello all, i'm new to the site and a long time fan of Jackson/Charvel guitars, i just recently purchased a Jackson from one of the local Pawn shop, but i'm not really sure what model it is, there are a few issues with it, that i am going to correct, first off there was no wammy bar, no big deal, but the machine heads have been swapped out for grover's but don't fit properly so they will get replaced with the original ones (on order) and the worst part is the front pick up is gone and replaced with a cover of sorts. So if anyone can give me an idea of what i have would be appreciated.

Cheers!
    Kevin

A DK2 neck on a DK2M or DXMG body? Take the neck off the body and look for markings.

Comment

JT580 LP changed to a JT590 as well?

Comment

Is that trem single locking?

Comment

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
          Is that trem single locking?
          Nope..

Some sort of Dinky mutt..
          John 3:16

Comment

Looks like a DK2M or a DXMG body with a DK2 neck, doubt it would be the latter though, because the DXMG has pretty much the same neck, the only difference is the headstock and I can't imagine somebody buying a new neck just for the headstock.
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I dont think a dxmg body cause im pretty sure the dxmg doesnt have that lil cut/bevel on the bottom horn. Trem had to be a 580/580lp. Probably dk2m or dx10d. My guess would be dx10d and previous owner wanted standard headstock. Idk. Thats my guess. Also thats a jt500. No schaller stamp, but it is single locking. Maybe had the saddles swapped.
              Last edited by jdr94; 01-25-2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks all for the info so far, yeah the more i look it over the more i think there has been more done to it than i think, but for a $100 i really can't complain, it plays great, but does need a little TLC, the neck is dead straight, feels good, but does need new strings and i will be installing a front pick up, just because i like to keep it the way it came.

Comment

Gotta love Jackson Customer Service, here is the email reply i got back from them with the information about the guitar.

9797126 was made in September 2007:
                  Model Name: DX10D DinkyTM
                  Model Number: 291-1103-(Color#)
                  Series: X Series

there is more to this email, but very long i didn't want to post everything, just the important stuff

Comment

Yay i was right. What do i win? Ha ha

Comment

Wow, they actually replied?!
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

That's an awesome reply, what email did you use to contact them?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Ottawa5150 View Post
                          Gotta love Jackson Customer Service, here is the email reply i got back from them with the information about the guitar.

9797126 was made in September 2007:
                          Model Name: DX10D DinkyTM
                          Model Number: 291-1103-(Color#)
                          Series: X Series

there is more to this email, but very long i didn't want to post everything, just the important stuff
                          WOW! Now all hell brakes loose! (for Jackson Customer Service).

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          That's an awesome reply, what email did you use to contact them?
                          See?
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yeah i just went to the Jackson web site and chose the main email and got a reply in about half hour, so they were pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ottawa5150 View Post
                              Yeah i just went to the Jackson web site and chose the main email and got a reply in about half hour, so they were pretty quick.
                              Don't see it.

Even here there's no link or mail: http://jacksonguitars.com/support/index.php

So, again, what email or page did you use?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X