Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

okay sportsfans I took a risk and prob got burned but what do ya think of this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• okay sportsfans I took a risk and prob got burned but what do ya think of this??

I took a shot in the dark and traded my Fernandes Monterey (paid 225$) for it to someone who was spamming here a while back.

So I have 265 into what I think is a fake vintage charvel body and neck with a usa plate....

Whats the verdict here part or restore....

The neck heel has been butchered so this would take some real work but I think I could fix it. The body has plenty of potential but I think was rerouted at some point...

No idea what I have here but for what I traded fuck it it was worth a risk for a lotto ticket...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1...D720/ry%3D480/

Yes they chopped the end of the board.....

I have a spare USA neck if this body is real but its a Jackson neck that I would rebadge...what would you do...
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Body seems legit to me. Neck? Dunno - can't recall seeing sharkies on a Charvel neck, but its possible.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I figure I go 265 worth of parts if nothing
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

I can't see enough to tell.....maybe its the picture but is there a scarf? Or were those gone by the 5000 series?
        Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
        98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Theres a scarf
          Haters gonna hate

Comment

Agree with Grandturk. Body looks legit to me. I also don't recall ever seeing a sharkie SD Charvel neck but I guess it's possible. Might be a fun little project especially for that money.

Comment

If the board is rosewood maybe it's a model 4 neck? Serial number looks like it's been fucked with too unless they let the epileptic kid use the engraver that day at the factory.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The neck looks like it may be a rebadged but I would say its definitely a usa neck with the behind the nut stringlock
                Haters gonna hate

Comment

From your pics...I looks all legit to me. Although not very common, there were Charvel USA necks with sharkfin inlays.

Comment

okay cool, I think im gonna start working on the body and going to try to get it back to the original color. Looks almost like metallic red/pink magentaish?? Would that have been a stock color?
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

Here are a couple of '85 Charvels with sharkies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sharky5174.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	2445217

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sharky4881.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	2445218

Are there any markings on the neck heel of yours? There's a pretty good chance everything goes together, and it's always cool to put these back the way they were if possible.

Comment

Looks like a metallic red. I would go with that. I wouldn't go with a off-red color. Fire Engine or Ferrari all the way - little metallic sparkle to it. That's it. Or I would pick a different color completely - like white or black - yum!
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

the color in the routes looks almost like a magenta metallic. Not sure what ill do if I dont go original.

Thanks for the info. If I am going to use this neck I need someone to fix the heel on it. Someone decided it needed to lose about 1/2" of that bottom contour. Someone cut it strait at some point and used it or attempted to use it on something else. IT still lines up and the holes are there but it needs a little help
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

That shouldn't be too hard to fix. Does it look like they shaved the sides of the heel down? Just wondering, because if they tried to fit it to another brand of body, a J/C pointy's heel would usually be too wide.

Comment

sides arent shaved just the very bottome of the heel contour. The rounded end if you will
                              Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                              X