RR1 or Dime3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 or Dime3

which one should i get a RR1 or the dimbolt its the same exact one dimebag uses its not the dimebolt333 its the dime3 it has a seymour duncan and a lawrence in it, i think im gonna take the dime but what do yous think?

Re: RR1 or Dime3

I think you should try em both, and buy the one you like best.

Comment

heres a picture of the dime3

Comment

You forgot the picture [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

heres a picture of the dime3

Comment

**** can you tell me how to get a picture on here

Comment

Don't think Music123s server allow directlinking, so I uploaded the picture to my server. Here ya go:

Comment

thanks man how do you like that guitar

Comment

It looks cool, but I've never played a Dime. I guess it's a great player

[ July 14, 2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: BK ]

Comment

Before you even think about getting a Washburn Dime, you really should try a Dean ML. Comparing an RR1 to a Dime is apples to oranges. The RR1 is a smaller guitar and will balance totally different. I have owned Epiphone and Hamer Explorer copies and could never get used to the feel, yet found the Rhoads to be one of the most comfortable shapes I've ever played.
                    sigpic

Comment

Being the former owner of an RR3 and the current owner of a Dean ML, I would have to say for me, the ML is the next best thing to a Strat style body for me. I have always played primarily Strat shaped guitars. The Warlock comes real close and is my second favorite shape. The ML to me is a very playable shape and alows me to play like I would on any of my Strat style axes. That said, I can't stand the RR shape for me. It is the coolest V out there in my opinion, but I find it awkward. Also be aware that the Dime3 doesn't have a Lawrence pickup in it. It has the new Seymour Duncan Dimebucker and a 59. According to Washburn, Dime uses a BL 500XL and it's active. Who would have thought. The RR1 comes with a JB and a Jazz ( correct me if I'm wrong ). Both sets of pickups are fantastic choices for hard rock/metal, etc. Like in a reply to this post said above, go out and play both extensively. Play them like you would if you were jamming on stage or in the bedroom. Make darn good and sure you figure out which body style works for you. I'd have to say go with a Dean if you want an ML. The Dean 79 series ML XT is a hell of a bargain. It's what the Washburn Dime3 is for alot less. It has an OFR in it and it's a set neck as well. The body and neck are mahogony. Binding all the way around. They don't offer the bolt graphic, but that is merely cosmetics that can be changed. If you got a Dean 79 series ML XT and put better pickups in it you would still be way under even the discount price on the Dime3. If Dean would have made the offer Washburn did to Dimebag he would still be sportin Dean ML's on stage for the whole show. I got an import Dean ML XT Phantom and I'd have to say it's one of the best guitars I have ever played. Hope this long winded, up on a soapbox speech helped.

Comment

no he uses a lawrence in his signature models it says in the product detail he has a duncan and a lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Villalobos:
                          According to Washburn, Dime uses a BL 500XL and it's active. Who would have thought.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's wrong. I don't think Bill Lawrence even makes any active pickups.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I used to have a Dime. It was a very well made guitar, and it was freakin cool.....But, I absolutely hated the headstock. I really wish they made those with the shrimp fork headstock instead. The RR is hard to play when sitting down. Between the 2 of them, I prefer the Dime, but I'd take a Soloist over both of them. Its all a matter of what you like..........

Comment

yea he is right its a lawrence active it says on washburn.com

Comment

Working...
                              X