RR1 or Dime3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR1 or Dime3

Well, just because it says it on Washburn's site, does not make it right. Hell, Jackson's got the specs wrong for the fret size of the KV2. Dimebag doesn't use active pickups, and Bill Lawrence doesn't make active pickups.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This are 2 of the guitars that I'm considering buying but theres no place to try them out in here. I think I'll go with the Dime.

Comment

yea they are active how can they not be!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i have the pantera dvd and saw his guitar up close its lawrence

Comment

ToeJam is correct. I also don't think Bill Lawrence makes an active pickup. The pickup Dime used before having a signature Seymour Duncan "Dimebucker" pickup was a passive Lawrence. He now uses his own pickup in the bridge instead of the Lawrence. Washburn probably offers his 3ST or Dime 3 guitars with his sig pickup, but I don't think it's listed on the site. Don't quote me on the last piece of info though

[ July 14, 2003, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: IrfaanSE801 ]

Comment

ok, to compare these 2 guitars is easy.

The dime is very heavy (explorer heavy) the frets are nice, but not Jackson nice. The neck isn't Jacksonish either. It almost feels like Gibson meets Ibanez, almost toyish if you have big hands.

Personally, I'd go with the Rhoads.
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I would say to try them both for a very long time and choose the guitar you like better. Personally I would go with the Rhoads. The fact that the RR1 is Neck-Thru instead of a set neck and has an ebony board is a big plus over the Dime333 for me, but maybe not for you. I’m also biased towards Jackson over Washburn. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

all i know is that when dime uses the dime3 its a lawrence and when he uses the dime3southern cross he uses a dimebucker

Comment

hey by the way did any of yous see the charvel dimebag guitar?

Comment

I'd go with the Rhoads over the Dime. My main reason would have to be I'd never buy a guitar that is directly associated with an artist. I know the Rhoads is named after Randy, but its not seen so much anymore as a signature model, where as anyone who see's you with a Dime will go "hey, thats dimebags guitar". Also I feel Rhoads' have better upper fret access than the ML shape, and more finish options.

Comment

it looks like ****, the dime, and I think it will never even touch the quality of the rhoads, so go with the rhoads!

Harrald

Comment

Originally posted by xRR1x:
                        hey by the way did any of yous see the charvel dimebag guitar?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He had a Charvel? I've seen a pic of him with a Rhoads RR5 not too long ago at Vinnie Paul's birthday party. I think he may have played another Jackson at one time, but I've never seen him with a Charvel. Hamer made him a blue ML copy that I've got a pic of in a tattoo magazine from '95, and that guitar is shown a couple times in their home videos.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

im gettin the dime3 i like it better than the rhoads

Comment

Working...
                          X